• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hazzard 4-Way Flasher Switch R & R

Napes

I have searched the Blogs, How-to posts, and everything I can think of but have not come up with a link describing the removable and reinstallation of the Hazzard switch.  I've entered both "Hazzard switch" and "4-Way flasher switch" in the search function but still come up empty.

Can anyone, obviously more proficient than I am, provide a link to this procedure?  It's been 20 years since I last had to do it and my recollection is it was a PITA.  Maybe someone has some tips to make the procedure less arduous.

Bob Napier

Bob, presume this is the pushbutton switch on your 76, not the pull knob used on the pre-modell 71 cars.  R&Ring the switch is easy--just unscrew the outer collar and pull the switch backwards to disconnect it from the console (presume that's were yours is--the stock location).  Unplug the switch from its socket and then install the new one.  

Or are you referring to how to dismantle and repair a switch that keeps popping out and turning itself on?  If that, I'm still looking--I've seen the instructions somewhere, just have to find 'em.

mike 

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike, it's just the R & R of the switch I was after.  If I remember correctly I've always had a very hard time reaching in behind the panel to unscrew, and then re-install,  the retaining ring.  Maybe I just need to remove the screws from one side of the front panel, but, if possible, I'd like to avoid that.

Bob Napier

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17