• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

niner

There is no such thing. <br /><br />It is most likely a 2002 with a S14 (e30 m3 engine) swap. It is poplular and if done correctly an amazing car to drive. <br /><br />The other less likely possibility is that it could be a 2002 turbo.<br /><br />A vin number and a few photos would help a lot. <br /><br />Regards <br />Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

or it could be a 2002 with M stickers in on it and no s14. seen a few of those....

+1

I've seen many more M stickers than s14 installations!

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Actually, if you put nice, chrome Euro bumpers on that car and lost the ridiculous spoiler and ricer air dam (period correct pieces would be okay) that car might not be too bad!

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Actually, if you put nice, chrome Euro bumpers on that car and lost the ridiculous spoiler and ricer air dam (period correct pieces would be okay) that car might not be too bad!

But then it would look like mine!

:D:lol:

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

no people i'm not that stupid, its got the engine seats etc, look at the pics

The photos help. The car did not come from the factory looking like this, with those seats, or with this motor (the "M" designations began after the 02 era). An email of the VIN to BMW's Archives will tell you what the car was, when it was manufactured, and its original color: info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com

Curiously, the car does not have the carbureted 2002's "snorkel" in the radiator bulkhead just to the right of the radiator. Three possibilities: 1. This car started life as a tii; 2. The snorkel has been removed; and 3. The car acquired a nosepiece, including radiator bulkhead, from a tii. I currently lean toward option 2, as the top lip of the radiator bulkhead, in the snorkel area, is not a smooth curve; I suspect they "messed with" the snorkel when they were fitting the larger radiator.

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Niner,

Am I not getting the joke?

There is no 2002 with M-POWER.. It is an E30 M3 S14 engine swapped into a 2002.

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***