• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars With Scheel Seats - Correct Interior Fabric?

pehlivanov_tii

Hi guys,

I have a question to all people that have cars with dealer option Scheel seats. I bought these Scheel seats:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hphwvbubr5nkwek/58484_606684759357484_1259761518_n.jpg

I know this is not the correct type for 02's. But i'm pretty sure that i've seen the same type of fabric on the factory option for 02 scheels. See here, the fabric is the same:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-CuDuDQhSUvo/T-XWCQ_iMhI/AAAAAAAAB_Q/73FBZaXq5yY/s640/DSC08272.JPG

But i have never seen this fabric on the rear seats.

My question is:

if a car has factory option scheels with this type of fabric what should be the correct fabric on the rear seats. I will not recover my scheels, because as you can see on the picture they are like new, but i have to recover my rear seat and i want to know what should be the correct fabric for it?

Edited by pehlivanov_tii

07/73 BMW 2002tii Golf, powered Sunroof

thats a good question.....

but to be honest, you will not like those seats.....too restricting.....very heavy as well.........but Id buy  them for my living room?......waddyasay?

fantastic seats.......congrats.

Edited by jrkoupe

Well of course i would prefer if i find the correct dealer option Scheel seats (and i will keep searching for them), but these were great bargain. Bought them for around $150-200 local, when in US i see they are around $1200 in that condition.

$1200 is the asking price. Wether they sell for that is another story!

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

I paid under a grand..  I got lucky finding a set that had the high bolster driver seat with the low bolster passenger seat. (don't judge my seats dirt level, this was how they came to me and before I cleaned them..)

ab604470.jpg

The Scheel cloth is long NLA, but there is a company in the Pacific North West that carries a strong replica. Here's a photo of a sample I requested a couple years ago when I had another set that I was looking to recover. The black is the new, the brown is from the seats I had at the time..  You can see the two variations they offer.  One is obviously too narrow.  The other is a tad too wide, but very close.  If you used that for rear seats, no one would know the difference.

IMG_8651-1.jpg

Edited by eurotrash

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

$1200 is the asking price. Wether they sell for that is another story!

It doesn't matter, i gave the price just for example. The meaning of the topic is another.

@Eurotrash - thanks, do you know if BMW used the Scheel fabric on the rear seats when you purchase the car with Scheel seats?

I have no idea if the BMW issued Scheels for the 2002 were cloth or vinyl. Maybe someone can repost the option catalog showing them. I know the recaro optioned seats were vinyl, as seen in the turbo.  Blunt has the rear seat in his orange M2 covered in cloth. It looks cozy back there.  If I were to go that route, I would use vinyl on the sides, top and maybe the middle, and then the fabric in the 'bucket' area.  To mimic the front seats.

It doesn't matter, i gave the price just for example. The meaning of the topic is another.

@Eurotrash - thanks, do you know if BMW used the Scheel fabric on the rear seats when you purchase the car with Scheel seats?

(O=o00o=O)

Yes, i was thinking of the combination vinyl + fabric like scheel's. if we take a look at this picture:

http://www.quickfitsbs.com/images/galleries/BMW/BMW-2002ti-rear-seat-belt-in-parcel-shelf.jpg

The stock 02 fabric is very similar with the scheels. And i think back in the days they used the stock 02 fabric for the rear seats, no matter how you purchased the car and if it has scheels or no.

But take a look in the picture, there is one more disparity - the lines of the scheel fabrics go like this: = , but the lines of the rear seats go like this ||||| . :)

I really hope if somebody have seen genuine car with purchased from dealer scheels to tell how it should be.

Jason (quote button MIA again).  Steve P (Blunt) sold his Colorado M2. I believe it is now on the West Coast.

The BMW parts books shows the optional sports seats but I don't think there were any matching rear seats (unless you are talking about the Lux package rear seat with fold-down arm rest).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I really hope if somebody have seen genuine car with purchased from dealer scheels to tell how it should be.

If I recall correctly, the Scheel front seats were theoretically available as a dealer-installed accessory. But you could also buy them in the aftermarket. Either way, I'm not certain there were "matching" rear seats available from BMW or the aftermarket suppliers. This is not to say that you couldn't buy matching fabric and re-upholster your rear seat to coordinate with the front seats. But I'm not convinced you could go to BMW and purchase a matching rear seat, at least not in the U.S.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I don't think we ever got fabric as an option over here. Not until VERY late '76, if at all..

After BMW NA was formed in early 1975 (2002 brochures dated February '75 or later bear the BMW NA reference), there were some changes in available options. Thus, I recall a few U.S. '75s and quite a few '76s with cloth and leatherette interiors.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Blasphemy!  Take it back Jim!

I heard this from Scott Aaron, I didn't believe it then either.  :blink: I'm guessing the motor swap in the e30 M3 project is demanding some serious fundageness.

Jason (quote button MIA again).  Steve P (Blunt) sold his Colorado M2. I believe it is now on the West Coast.

The BMW parts books shows the optional sports seats but I don't think there were any matching rear seats (unless you are talking about the Lux package rear seat with fold-down arm rest).

(O=o00o=O)