• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Luigi Arrives In Seattle

NeueKlasseGuy

I'm jealous!! Nice !! Steve you keep outdoing yourself !! That is just amazing that you found and acquired that car .. Just fantastic ! Will you have it at the historics this year ? I really have to get up to Terry's shop to see all if those amazing cars! Rey

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!

A lot of race cars from back in the day (and especially BmW's ended up in Italy).  The Gosser AlpinA CSL was there for many years until Alex found it and purchased it (now in Connecticut?). My AlpinA o2 was sold to an Italian where it was raced for many years (and changed endlessly) until it came over here, Steve's car obviously.  I want to say the GS BmW 2oo2 was over there as well.  I know there are many Gr. 5 32o werks cars over there as well.....

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Thank you, Rey. We'd love to see you up here in the 'sunny' NW!

@ Mark: The guy I bought my car from had 2- 320's in his collection. This one has pretty decent history:

post-45400-0-67140600-1391613159_thumb.j

And he also had this just laying around, something I bet you'd love to add to your collection:

post-45400-0-09042000-1391613225_thumb.j

1971 NSU 1200 TT           http://www.msportvintage.com                 

1990 E30 M3 1/60 JTCC Racer 1972 HPK 2002 Racer

1975 GS Tuning 2002      1965 BMW 1800TiSA- #193

1971 BMW 2002                1973 BMW CSL      

i give an enthusiastic two thumbs up for the candy stripe motif.

way more unique and eye-catching than the castrol version.

Edited by jerry

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Too cool! Thanks for sharing with us.

My vote would be the candy stripe. I'm too young to have ever witnessed either in real life, but I would really bet the candy stripes grabs more eyes on the track and is also more memorable.

Any chance it will be in time for Monterey this year? What else do you plan on bringing? Need any help? Carrying tires?

Steve-mega kudos, what a  great car. The Castrol striping  is more dynamic but the UFO candy stripes are soooo cool, sexy, unique  and biomorphic. (think Calder Art Car, miniskirts etc) I have always thought the CSL is the best looking BMW, after 507s. Which schema was first?  Again, Wow and congratulations .  Cheers, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Steve-mega kudos, what a  great car. The Castrol striping  is more dynamic but the UFO candy stripes are soooo cool, sexy, unique  and biomorphic. (think Calder Art Car, miniskirts etc) I have always thought the CSL is the best looking BMW, after 507s. Which schema was first?  Again, Wow and congratulations .  Cheers, Peter

Peter,

Good to hear from you. The Castrol livery was the first. Luigi ran it in 1976, the year the car won the ETCC. The UFO Jeans came onboard in 1977 by which time Luigi had sold the car to Martino Finotto who had bought a couple of drives in the #2 car during 1976. They had some sort of falling out early in 1977, and Finotto took the car to Imberti for prep work, but left it in the UFO livery to PO Luigi. Finotto ran the car all season beating the Luigi cars enough to hand the championship to the Alpina Gosser Beer car.

Seems like the Castrol livery is more appropriate for the car, but I am still mulling it over.

1971 NSU 1200 TT           http://www.msportvintage.com                 

1990 E30 M3 1/60 JTCC Racer 1972 HPK 2002 Racer

1975 GS Tuning 2002      1965 BMW 1800TiSA- #193

1971 BMW 2002                1973 BMW CSL      

Thank you for sharing from me, too. Really great. Keep thread updated on a regular base please.

+1 for Castrol. Stripes are more known for this car I think, but I simply don´t like them. Somehow like this pink "pig" Porsche 917 - everyone knows but still looks ugly to me.

Regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.