• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome 1973 W/alpina Flares, 5Speed, Turbo Project

dasfrogger

Wanted to put a feeler out there for a project I'd like to finish, but is on the back burner. I may be losing my shop space after I complete my 1600-2 project and won't have anywhere to house this project.

You'd be getting two cars and a whole heck of a lot of parts to make one really rad car. At this point in the project you could either make a bad ass street car OR dedicated track car. I even have an auto body rotisserie w/ mounts for a 2002 that I'll sell you if you're interested. So...

Car #1 - 1973 BMW 2002. I have a good title (not in my name, because Kentucky has a backwards process for titling out of state cars...don't get me started)

Very very clean shell with IE fiberglass Alpina flares installed. I haven't been able to find any rust other than surface rust. The PO tore down the car and put it in primer and due to the pours nature of primer some rust has formed. Nothing that won't be taken care of with prep sanding for the next coat of primer. I took the interior floor pans to bare metal and applied the 3 step POR-15 process.

The body is pretty straight, but has a dent in the drivers door (probably something minor somewhere else too), and will need the flares to be smoothed into the body when you're prepping it for paint. Over all it's a really great starting point for a quality build - just sanding and filling, no rust to be tracked down and metal to replace.

I’ve got a lot of goodies to go with the shell too:

Completely rebuilt front and rear suspension with lots of I.E. Bits

-IE sway kit front and rear, IE urethane bushings, IE solid rear subframe mounts, IE rear race springs, Front struts modified with IE coil over adjusters (w/IE coil over springs and Bilstein inserts). Boxed trailing arms, IE rear disk kit. Depending on negotiations IE front Volvo disc kit. Fresh bearings, etc.

I’ve got lots of interior stuff too. Some E21 Recaros that can go with it as well as decent set of rear seats, decent 2 piece dash, cluster. etc etc. Could potentially include new rubber (doors/trunk) seals, etc.

Beyond that I’ve got the majority of the parts that came off the car when the PO tore it down. If you’re interested we can talk in detail about what I’ve got and what comes with the car.

Car #2 - 1975 BMW 2002, KY title in my name.

This car was an unfinished race car project I picked up as a donor car for the 73 shell. It's got a recently rebuilt turbocharged motor with E30 318i injection hooked up to EDIS/Megasquirt 2/Wasted spark. Pulls awesome, but will need valve guides replaced (PO didn't replace during build, whoops) and the turbo oil return line relocated on the oil pan.

Apart from the motor, this car has an e21 5 speed conversion, Tii struts with big brakes, e21 drums in the back. HRE 501 Wheels with new tires! My idea was to pull the drivetrain and wiring harness (which is of the ‘painless’ variety) and directly transplant into the ’73 shell once it was painted.

Turbo Motor Highlights:

Schrick 292 Cam

Double valve springs

Billet Rocker Keepers

Head Media blasted + 3 Angle Valve Job

New stainless steel valves

Honed and re ringed pistons. reused Flat top 8:1 pistions.

Stock H beam rods

High compression IE reusable head gasket

T04E/50 Turbo

Eagle Engineering Wastegate, set at 10PSI

New Freeze Plugs

New Main Bearings

Windage tray installed

Summit Fuel Cell, AN-6 lines, Walbro fuel pump, 92LB/HR injectors

So I’ve got a lot of stuff. A great start to a high quality project, especially with all the new parts that will come with. There isn’t much missing for you to put this back together and get it on the road or track. Heck, if you want someone to do the body work I know a few folks who would be happy to work something out with you. Even further if you want it to show up at your door complete I know some folks who would be happy to work that out with you too.

Are you interested? Lets talk. If you’ve done business with me before you know I’m a completely open and honest seller and that I value my reputation within this community. Especially with this deal I’m motivated to come to a number that works out for the both of us.

Speaking of numbers I’m looking to get somewhere between 6-10k for the package. There are a lot of different options here that can affect price so if you’re interested please contact me so we can have a chat.

I’m located in Louisville, KY and would be happy to show the cars any time and will work with your shipper if you set things up.

Photos of the 73 shell:

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/johndmetz/library/Widebody%202002

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/johndmetz/library/Widebody%202002/Widebody%202002%20POs%20Pictures

Photos of 1975 donor car

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/johndmetz/library/1975%20BMW%202002

Cold start:

Warm Idle:

6185702772_7325077da8_b.jpg

6185700612_77d07845f8_b.jpg

null_zps27cd737a.jpg

null_zps01591dfc.jpg

null_zpsf6520915.jpg

Year: 1973

Make: BMW

Model: 2002

Body and Interior: Stripped. Most parts avaialable

Engine and Drivetrain: Rebuilt 2.0 Turbo, Megasquirt/EDIS,318iEFI, e21 5speed

Suspension, Brakes: Rebuilt and new (aka never been driven)