• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Fan Removal

rickm
Go to solution Solved by PaulTWinterton,

Hi all,

I'm replacing my stock fan with an electric Spal pusher fan and new IE radiator but I'm having a devil of a time getting the old fan off. I removed the four bolts but the does the round part in the center of the fan screw off or does the fan just wiggle off or what? I'm not sure how to get it off to remove the fan. Can't find it in any reference I have. I know it's gotta be simple but I can't figure it out and there's a limited amount of room in there. Thanks ahead.

Rick McQuiston

The fan gets sort of fused to the hub over the years with the heat and all.  I had spray some penetrating oil and pry like heck to get the one off of my '73.  Of course I totally thrashed the fan beyond reuse in the process.  Never had one easily come off.  The radiator being out makes life a little easier too.

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️