• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRMonty
Go to solution Solved by Tommy,

• Solution

Wondering if I guessed what you mean. The flat rods from the big rear subframe bolts to the floor?

You should weld a piece of thicker sheetmetal and a nut on the floor inside. Then bolt it with M10. Welding the piece straight to floor is not a good solution for sure.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Thanks Tommy. I did not think welding to floor pan was a good idea.

Conserv, you should have liked my brevity. By the way, are you or someone you know fluent in Tii?  Im from middle Ga. and am about to set the motor back in after 20 years and I feel sure I will need some guidance once I get some fuel in her.

74 Tii

79 CJ7

58 Cushman Eagle

Thanks Tommy. I did not think welding to floor pan was a good idea.

Conserv, you should have liked my brevity. By the way, are you or someone you know fluent in Tii?  Im from middle Ga. and am about to set the motor back in after 20 years and I feel sure I will need some guidance once I get some fuel in her.

Sorry, CR,

I'm still stuck in the Solex world, but I will ask the local shop I use if they know a local tii guy/gal (they're not, as far as I can tell). As I'm sure you know, there's a big difference between a tii that runs and a tii that runs well. I'm sure there are tii-fluent resources here in Georgia. (I must admit that if I had a tii, and couldn't find a really strong local resource, I'd probably get the car running well enough to take it over to Korman in Greensboro, NC. I believe their tuning of my highly-original, Solex-and-smog-equipped '76 far surpasses any previous tuning.)

In the meantime, and as you probably have seen already, there are LOTS of great threads on this forum that work through tii diagnosis and tuning step by step.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)