• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is It Possible To Convert Fuel Pick Nozzel To An An Fitting?

justinevert

Is it possible to modify the flared tip of the fuel pick up to use an AN fitting?

Like the security and finish of those compared to the typical hose clamp.

I am assuming one has to cut the flare off then use some sort of adopter, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

Actually, I am thinking about the fuel pick up/ sender pipe tip.  I have already replaced the hard line with SS braided hose from Aeroquip with AN fittings to the carbs, and want to continue to the tank. I wonder if there is such an adoption fitting for preexistin flared tips.

Thanks for the responses, still looking at possible solutions.

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

Yep, the best way is to silver- solder an AN6 fitting to the end of the pickup.

Tube nuts work great for fractional US sizes, but they're not available for metric- to- AN adaption.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Sure, why not?  Whack an AN-6 union in half. drill it out to a semi- loose fit on the pickup, clean everything

really well, and silver- solder it. 

You could even do it to the return.

The E30 race car just uses rubber hose- I'm not as detail- oriented as I used to want to be....

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL