• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baur Voll Cabriolet And Other Rare Bmws At Amelia Island Auction

tomscat1

1971+BMW+Voll+Cabriolet+by+Baur.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140218/CARNEWS01/140219829

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2014/02/baur-and-other-rare-bmws-set-to-cross.html

Gooding & Company 
A rare Baur cabrio based on the roundie 2002. 

The time to get in on 2002s was... years ago, really, before the year 2002. While BMW fans are unlikely to land a steal when it comes to this Neue Klasse model, they'll nevertheless be pleased to see this sharp 1971 "roundie" cabriolet by coachbuilder Baur. The company might be famous on this side of the Atlantic for its E21 Targa-style cabrios, but their BMW-tuning roots go back much further. This example has been repainted from the original Golf Yellow early in its life. After its importation to the U.S. it received some bodywork and was repainted in Granada red. This car has been in enthusiast hands for much of the last 15 years, and it appears to have been well looked-after, even picking up some awards at marque concours events. Estimated to sell between $40,000 and $60,000, this appears to be a nice example of the rare Baur full cabrio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rare BMWs set to cross the block at Amelia Island
Neue Klasse models, Bertone coupes and more will be offered at the Gooding & Co. Amelia Island sale

If a BMW 501, BMW 503, and a BMW 507 all appear at the same auction, odds are they're probably from the same collection. And it just so happens than Gooding & Co. will be offering a very eclectic mix of rare BMWs at their upcoming Amelia Island auction, including the ones listed above.

Yes, they are all from one collection. And what a collection it is.

More than 15 classic BMW cars will be on offer March 7 at Gooding & Co.'s venue at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation in Amelia Island, Fla., most of them without reserve.

"Spanning four decades of German engineering and innovation, these cars represent a significant presentation of BMWs," said David Gooding, president and founder of Gooding & Company. "The emerging market for BMWs has set a trend in the collector-car community not unlike the demand for Mercedes and Porsche from the same period. It is a very exciting time for these collectibles, and we feel privileged to offer this impressive single-marque grouping in Amelia Island."

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140218/carnews01/140219829#ixzz2uMTD9ltN 
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting), 1982 323i Baur

1991 325ix (winter), 1977 320i (carbed), 1989 325ix

1989 325iC (summer), 1979 323i (project), 1978 320i (parts)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

That's a very pretty car, it will be interesting to see if it sells closer to the estimated $60K selling price.  I certainly hope so, a rising tide lifts all boats.  I have been following this ebay auction for this early Voll Cabriolet to see if it reaches the reserve (Est. $50K).  We'll see if the upgrades (2 liter motor, 5 speed, custom paint) help or hurt the final price. The owner's Turbo sold earlier this week for $55K with heavy bidding right at the end of the auction.

My cabriolet is almost done, we decided to redo the front-end after discovering one of the ball joints was bad while installing the front sway bar.  So new tie rods, control arms, ball joints, center link, poly compliance bushings on order.  The motor turned out nice, can't wait to get it back.

Mark92131

post-33686-0-82606800-1393443811_thumb.j

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

That's a very pretty car, it will be interesting to see if it sells closer to the estimated $60K selling price.  I certainly hope so, a rising tide lifts all boats.  I have been following this ebay auction for this early Voll Cabriolet to see if it reaches the reserve (Est. $50K).  We'll see if the upgrades (2 liter motor, 5 speed, custom paint) help or hurt the final price. The owner's Turbo sold earlier this week for $55K with heavy bidding right at the end of the auction.

My cabriolet is almost done, we decided to redo the front-end after discovering one of the ball joints was bad while installing the front sway bar.  So new tie rods, control arms, ball joints, center link, poly compliance bushings on order.  The motor turned out nice, can't wait to get it back.

Mark92131

The Ebay Seller (c_dsl) has had both the Cabrio & Turbo on Ebay several times over the past 4 years or more. Maybe they will sell this time.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17