• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wire Terminal Source

NullZwei

Does anyone have a U.S. source for wire terminals like those used on the original wiring harness?  I'm looking for all the various sizes but so far have only found some for the smallest gauge wire.  I've already checked with the more popular sources like DelCity, Waytek, Eagleday as well as a number of other suppliers but have essentially come up empty.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who replied.  I've already ordered some terminals from one of the suggested vendors.  I thought I had a line on a quality crimp tool but unfortunately I found out the company does not ship to the U.S.  What crimp tools for the open barrel connectors has anyone had good luck making decent crimps with?

• 1 year later...

Sorry for digging the old thread, but.. I am about to change most of the female and male wire connectors. Did you guys noticed that the original BMW connectors are wider. The widest aftermarket connector that i have found is 6,3 mm. The BMW ones are 8 mm. Even realoem show it. See #14:

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/114-Sedan/Europe/2002tii-M10/1973/browse/vehicle_electrical_system/various_plug_terminals_cable_grommet/

Can i use the 6.3 mm ones?

Is there a source for the 8 mm connectors. I have to order a lot of them, so the BMW ones will cost too much?

07/73 BMW 2002tii Golf, powered Sunroof

While the outside dimension of the female connector is 8mm the male portion is 6.3mm.

Attached is a poor image grabbed from a random Chinese suppliers site. I can't read it all either but you will get the drift ( the *6.3 gives it away).

post-39712-0-66778400-1439377147_thumb.j

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/