• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify Tii Hoses On A '73 Tii Engine

schoir

JohnS,  "bmw2002faq" means never having to say you're sorry.

jgerock makes a great point:  change "everything" at the same time re. coolant hoses.  Then you don't have to remember when to change any particular hose.  And you won't have to deal with that coolant mess on the garage floor but once every few years. 

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

Carl:

Thanks.  Between your post and that excellent link reference I should be able to sort it all out.  That list of tii hoses with part numbers and hoses is quite a piece of work.  

And yes, when I finish replacing these last four, all hoses will be new.  One less source to worry about that might leave me stranded somewhere now that I'm driving "Oscar" again.

As to the fantasy part, the trick is to have an "almost" spouse.  Then you can just about get away with that scenario...just about.  

Regards, Maurice.

I went home for lunch yesterday and when I was getting into my car to return back to work, FedEx showed up with a BIG box of parts.  Popped the box into the trunk of my tii and drove back to work.  Lucked out... this time ;)

John

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

• 7 months later...

Some addenda to Carl's posting of 13 March 2104 and to the wonderful primer on hoses at: http://www.my2002tii...05/tiihoses.htm

I believe that Carl has reversed the current and old part numbers for the "oil return drain hose."

The number that several dealerships I consulted online have as current number for this hose 11 42 1 256 908. I don't find anyhere a part numbered 11 53 1 256 908. This confusion has led to the impression in some quarters that this hose is NLA, but it is not.

Here are three more hoses to add to the list at http://www.my2002tii...05/tiihoses.htm:

Lower radiator hose (thermostat to lower radiator): 11 53 1 250 702

Heater valve to heater hose (very short): 61 11 1 353 353

Breather hose, valve cover to air cleaner11 15 1 252 665. Note that this also requires a nipple (#3 in the image on page 11/43) that  

inserts into the large hose for the attachment of a vacuum line leading to the throttle body.

There are, of course many other hoses, but all can be cut to length from widely available bulk stock.

Thanks to all for making this such wonderful resource,

Gordon