• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed Bleeders

adavis

Newbies!! I've been aware of their existence, but have not experienced the wonder that is one-man bleeding with them. I use a Motive power bleeder.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I know.  While bleeding the brakes this weekend, my buddy over tightened and stripped one the screws while bleeding brakes this weekend.  I am excited to bleed the brakes and now I need to wait to get the bits in the mail.  This should make brake work easy.

adavis,

is that the specific item/part/part number that fits the 2002 ??  I did some digging around at the Summit website and cannot find that they specifically call out the 2002 model.  They do show a 1975 & 1976 BMW model year, but not specifically the 2002 model.  

So I'm naturally curious, and very interested ..... a great product !!

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

Hi Carl, I sure hope so because that is what I ordered.  I found them through a google search for "1976 BMW 2002 brake bleed screws" and the size results were the same size as local auto parts store.  7mm x 1mm.  I also used the Summit search tool and that did not link this part to an '02.  

Remember that the front and the back 2002 bleeder valves are different...

front 7mm threads, back 6mm threads.  Also, you can get those speed bleeders in stainless steel too.  I've tried them and I prefer to use my Motive pressure bleeder and the stock Ate bleeder valves (BMW part#34 11 1 103 232 (these are for the front calipers))

2002tiiBleederValves.jpg

post-33357-0-31629200-1395185504.jpg

post-33357-0-82809000-1395185556.jpg

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I didn't know the back brakes had different size bleeder screws.  I haven't messed with them yet.  I can't believe the internet is wrong....  Bummer

Is it that the rear bleed screws are shorter?  Does it really matter?

I didn't know the back brakes had different size bleeder screws.  I haven't messed with them yet.  I can't believe the internet is wrong....  Bummer

Is it that the rear bleed screws are shorter?  Does it really matter?

It's the smaller 6mm thread size that is significant.  See where it says M6 vs. M7 in the attached pictures from Ate?  Unless you like trying to cross-thread the wrong size screw into a smaller hole ;)

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I just give a buddy a beer, he's more than happy to pump the brakes for a beer!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2