• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wtb Early Brown Interior And Console Unit.

Cornbread

Hi all, new member here who just bought a 1973 in Malaga with a partial, beat, black interior and want to change it back to the original brown. Just missed out on a complete interior here, maybe there is another?

Looking for seats (front and rear, it has black 74-76 in great shape), door cards front and rear, and armrests. Also need a regular console and or complete AC console. Car was originally an AC car, but it is gone and living in the PNW I dont really need it so not sure if it will go back in. Might do a new carpet kit, but if one comes with a package thats cool.

I need the whole thing, but may piece it togather if needed so tell me what you have.

Thanks for looking, Hans.

1973 2002

1985 R100RS

1987 635csi

2002 Boxster S

Welcome,

A/C was never factory installed on '02s: it was a dealer-installed option, sometimes added by owners or other shops well after manufacture. So even if your car's firewall and radiator support have been drilled for A/C hoses, you shouldn't feel it needs A/C to be "factory"! But if you are looking for "period-correct" options, both the Behr and Frigiking A/C units were available in '73 (Clardy was not available until '75).

Good luck with the new car!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks for the info Steve, the car still has the cut off hoses through the fire wall. Still on the fence about having AC as it is only needed 2-3 days a year around here.

I look forward to bringing this car back to its former glory.

Hans.

Hans,

For 2-3 days a year, don't do it! Because '02 A/C was not designed by the factory, as part of the car's "HVAC" system, it is limited to recirculation and two small centrally-mounted vents, and by the small space available for the evaporator in the console. It was downright bad when compared to a GM factory-installed product of the same era. Spend your money on other details!

Enjoy!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)