• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 On Discovery Channel Tonight

AceAndrew

Let's not go into this with any unrealistic expectations, but it should prove to be a tad more entertaining for us than whatever else is on the boobtube.  Will it be billed as the greatest thing since lederhosen or will it be cast as the ungainly blacksheep?

(look at the 10pm slot)

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

If I didnt have to work tomorrow :( Thanks for the heads up good sir!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Watching myself.  This should be interesting.  One guy took over.  Lets see how he does his homework.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

My thoughts exactly.....

Sounds like a typical hot rod show...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Glad they admitted they were clueless.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

The one dude steps up and admits he is into euro and German cars, and starts to work on the 02, will be interesting to see how it turns out.

These days there are a lot of car shows on and a few good ones, this is a newer one, but so far hasnt tripped my trigger much.

Always enjoy Chasing Classic Cars, Wheeler Dealers, even Fast and Loud and What's My Car Worth are often worth a watch.

Lincoln, NE

74 2002

68 Triumph TR250

One thing I don't get about many of the cars is when the premise is that they take your car and "do it for you" with little or no direction from the owner.  Although I guess I would not turn down an offer to do this for me for free, if I am paying for it, or paying for it with barter as they seem to do on the "car hoarders" show, I would want the car to be done MY WAY, especially if being highly modified and not stock.  I would think most real car people would feel that way.

Lincoln, NE

74 2002

68 Triumph TR250

I thought they spent way too much of the coverage on the Charger and not enough on the BMW.  I'm not sure if I liked the two-tone paint job, but I am glad they didn't cut those nice wheel arches to flair it.  All in all, I thought it looked pretty nice for the $12K they spent on the restoration.  It will be interesting to see how long this show lasts, the business model rarely turns a profit and how many hoarders have enough good cars to raise $50K+ need to restore one or more cars.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

That was the worst thing I've ever watched. I didn't give a crap about their personal soap opera, and the 02 was presented as something they were stuck with so they could do the pig Dodge. The little car did look nice, or might have, if they'd let us see more of it.