• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 On Discovery Channel Tonight

AceAndrew

I didn't think the black top looked that bad on the show (which surprised me, I didn't think much of the idea) but I do think it looks bad in the CL pic, but the gray color isn't too bad.  I agree about the show, seeing guys fighting is not my idea of interesting, if it is a car show want to see them working on and talking about cars, a little personality personal stuff fine, but would prefer light hearted/humorous, not made up drama.

Lincoln, NE

74 2002

68 Triumph TR250

The show will not make it.  Needs to be more about the cars.

I think you guys are missing the point of 'reality' shows.  The cars don't matter to most other people  They don't get high ratings due to the subject matter.  They hook most viewers with cheap 'drama.'  It doesn't even have to be about anything interesting.  You throw a few over-the-top personalities into a lawnmowing business or a factory assembly line, feed them some conflict, and tell them to make a big deal out of BS if they want to get paid.  Get a couple interns to screen hours and hours of footage to pick out the interesting parts, and edit it together real fancy.  You get a decent probability of having a hit show, without paying the salaries of real writers or actors.  If it doesn't work out, surely one of the other 5 shows you have lined up will succeed. 

Edited by KFunk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I think the mistake they make with car related reality shows is that most "car people" tune in to see the cars and the craftsmanship.  Heavily scripted shows are banking on viewers that like watching drama, made up or real, but the number of viewers that would like scripted AND car stuff cuts the percentage down drastically.

One of the home improvement shows I like watching is Rehad Addict.  Partly because they work on old stuff and partly because it doesn't feel scripted.  But hey, I'll watch "How's it Made" all day long so what do I know...

Dan