• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Bmw 2002 In Bay Area - $1900 Obo

Mark92131

This sahara project is very interesting at $1900 or best offer. I like the Recaros. If anyone picks it up, I have a rear windshield in San Diego they can have. If it was closer, I would be on it.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/4427774608.html

Year: 1971

Make: BMW

Model: 2002

Body and Interior: Nice Recaros, passenger side needs repair, and carpet needs attention, needs rear windshield

Engine and Drivetrain: MSD ignition upgrade, 4 speed, engine runs and drives

Suspension, Brakes: Unknown condition

classifieds-33686-0-02599300-1397867922_

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

I know this car, & used to work on it occasionally.  The previous owner lived in Mill Valley & used it to come down his hill to the bus stop.

It needed lots of work & he was very allergic to spending money on it. I bandaided a few things for him to keep it running.

He finally agreed to having rear wheel cylinders put on it when he couldn't keep brake fluid in the reservoir anymore.

He wanted me to clean off the old shoes & reuse them...

The handbrake ratchet was shot.

He didn't want to fix it, so I suggested he put a block of wood under the handle to make the handbrake work.

He offered it to me for $500 and I turned it down because of excessive rust in the body & front subframe rails.

In my opinion, the entire car is very tired.

Looks like the current seller is trying to flip it for probably 3 times what he paid for it.

Last I saw it around January there was a rear windshield in it, so not sure what happened there. 

Look at it in person before buying - you have been warned.

Indeed. I went to look at this car recently with my son who is in the market for a running roundie. The owner you reference finally donated it to an auction house in Redwood City. Massive rust, four mismatched tires/wheels, sketchy transmission, no rear window (donator kept it to use in another car), no brakes, dead battery, etc. Shockingly, all electricals appear to be in working order.  Buyer beware... 

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying