• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whining Sound In 1St And 2Nd Gear?

76ohtwo

Ok so buy redline MTL for both?

No - MTL = manual transmission lube. Get the appropriate diff fluid. Try using the "search" function - it's been discussed many times. Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Actually, MT is Manual Transmission, and MTL is Manual Transmission Lite, so you might try MT90 instead if it's noisy...

they're all pretty similar, in the real world, but Jenn's Suzu Sammy liked MT90 quite a bit better than MTL.

80-140 GL5 for the diff seems to be the best for a street car- it's heavier than it 'needs' to be, but it seems

also to be quieter...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, MT is Manual Transmission, and MTL is Manual Transmission Lite, so you might try MT90 instead if it's noisy...

they're all pretty similar, in the real world, but Jenn's Suzu Sammy liked MT90 quite a bit better than MTL.

80-140 GL5 for the diff seems to be the best for a street car- it's heavier than it 'needs' to be, but it seems

also to be quieter...

t

Then that's what I'll go with. Thanks!

-Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002