• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E21 Cylinder Head

cjeria

wmass2002 has a brand new E21 bare head for $600. Search on Parts for Sale. $600 is about half price for a new head, IF new E21 heads were currently available (wmass2002 has had this one for some time apparently). I have no affiliation with wmass2002.

The fact that you're looking solely for an E21 head, and not an E12, suggests you have made a particular decision as to why one and not the other. If you are replacing pistons, find the best head you can find and afford -- E12 or E21 -- and get pistons that will work with it. If you are NOT replacing pistons, I don't believe the piano tops on your block currently will work with an E21. My engine's 9.3:1 pistons are not conventional piano tops -- which I don't believe will work with an E21 -- but were specifically designed for an E21 head. I needed an E21 head only because my car was manufactured with an E21 head and I work hard to maintain original-type parts where the original part has failed.

Both E21 and E12 heads are good heads, as long as you find a good example!

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)