• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Your Favorite 2002 'quote?'

mo02

I don't want to risk posting something irrelevant and getting grilled by my 02 brethren, but I have always wanted to share some of my favorite quotes from friends when they would see or ride in my 02 for the first time....

So this thread can grow, I would like to make it 'favorite' and 'least favorite' quotes.

This is hands down the best:

From my College days and a sorority girl riding in my 02 for the first time.  I was what 'cool' college people might call 'uncool....'

We are taking a corner at probably twice the recommended speed.....and she screams 'I am only used to going this fast in a straight line!'

Maybe she was used to muscle cars, I'll never know.

My Least favorite quote:

'You will get into an accident driving like that' ....and lo and behold, I did!

Anyways, a few more just for fun. 

'Where do you find these things??' (college buddy referring to the silver thing in front of Starbucks)

'This reminds me of a Datsun 510, I just love those old boxy cars'  a friend of mine into Japanese cars.

I guess that's what makes owning these cars special.  They give you a sense of creativity and individuality and always speak to you...even through your friends!

MF

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

In dwelling, live close to the ground.

In thinking, keep to the simple.

In conflict, be fair and generous.

In governing, don't try to control.

In work, do what you enjoy.

In family life, be completely present.

In driving, take the 2002.

-- Tao Te Ching (adapted)

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Almost anything from David E. Davis' "Turn Your Hymnals to 2002"  article, C&D April 1968.  My favorite:

In its unique ability to blend fun-and-games with no-nonsense virtue, this newest BMW also reflects another traditional American article of faith-our unshakable belief that we can find and marry a pretty girl who will expertly cook, scrub floors, change diapers, keep the books, and still be the greatest thing since the San Francisco Earthquake in bed. It’s a dream to which we cling eternally, in spite of the fact that nobody can recall it ever having come true. But, as if to erase our doubts, along comes an inexpensive little machine from Bavaria that really can perform the automotive equivalent of all those diverse domestic and erotic responsibilities, and hope springs anew.

I bought one (the car, already had the girl) eight months later.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I've always like this, from a 1969 magazine 2002 ad:

"In Germany they say Bey Em Vey. And they get out of the way."

And this, from a friend, after I took him on a particularly hell-raising ride on a super-twisty road, after I got my fist '02 way back in 1972:

"Holy SH*T!!  This ain't no freakin' TR4!!"

And my favorite, from my then-girlfriend, when she saw my new '02 in 1972:

"It's cute."

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...

not sure this is a quote but here goes:

..going to a dealer.....and explaining you have a 2002...and they ask like 5 x .....: ok ok ok its a 2002, but what MODEL???????

You beat me to it, I was just going to say the same thing.  "I need new muffler bearings for a '74 2002"  Ummmmm, ok what model is that??

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa

From my then girl friend, eventually wife now for  36 years....."It looks like a boat with tiny wheels"

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

"A very old quip IIRC. . .in 1976 God stopped building BMWs"

Well, old, but not that old...circa 1983.

My girlfriend (now wife) Helen and myself from 1985 with one of the original shirts. We're in the midst of packing it up and getting the hell out of Houston (on the way to Boston). On the shirt: I created, produced and sold that shirt through small-space ads in the back of BMWCCA's Roundel magazine (Mike may remember these). I recall  Joe Chamberlin bought at least five of them. A less-than-authorized use of the logo. Never got my 'cease and desist' letter, nor did I get rich selling them.

post-41346-0-31885200-1399411092_thumb.j

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

"This car is COSY!"

/A friends kid I drove to school once, she cuddled up in the back seat with a smile from ear to ear. Right then and there, I loved her.

And:

"You kept up with me in THAT?!"

/from a friend driving a E30 318is, he payed 8 times the amount I payed for the taiga and wasn't pleased. Around 1993.

And of course:

"Is it supposed to be in that color?"

/can't remember who

Edited by GreenSwede

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.