• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Your Favorite 2002 'quote?'

mo02

And my favorite, from my then-girlfriend, when she saw my new '02 in 1972:

"It's cute."

That's the same thing my mom said when I sent her a picture of my car.

Friends have the same reaction when we go for a ride... One of them has a '13 Audi S4 and is jealous of my car - haha. For a car with ~100 horsepower, it flies. Just wait until it's running optimally with a new motor.

-Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002

Everytime I take a new friend for a ride I am sure to take at least one corner all out. If it's raining, I'll hang the rear end out. 

Yesterday I had a new lady in for a spin, and it was raining so I brought her to a beautiful roundabout near my school. 

"Hang on"- I said.

"Why?... MEEP!" -She responded, excitedly, as the rear end came around. 

I proceeded to romp around like that for a few minutes. When I finally relaxed a bit and chuckled, I asked if she was okay, considering how she had not said anything the entire time. 

"I'm... good... *smiles, deep breath*... Holy Shit!"

blah blah blah, convo convo convo, then I got laid. Heck, she even laughed at my "what do the rain and me have in common?" joke. 

I tell you, these cars have magical powers. 

It needs to rain more when cute girls are in my car. 

Another time... first drive to bear mountain after getting the car. I was trying to keep up with joel (jrkcoupe), and was doing decently well despite the ploom of blue smoke my car was producing and the massive brake fade. I came around a corner and he was gone. Later when I questioned him, he responded with something along the lines of

"my tires were still cold"

:D

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

When my dad bought our '02 new in 1971, he said he had been looking at three BMWs at Universal Motor Sales in Butler, PA, and came home with a different car than he had planned.

At the time he was a bachelor still living with his parents. He pulled into the driveway in his new car and walked into the kitchen to find my teatotaling 4'11" spitfire of a grandmother at the stove. "Well, did you get the blue one?" she asked.

"It was sold," he replied.

"So you got the red one," she announced with finality--and probably a little chagrin that he would be driving such a "loud" car.

"Something wasn't quite right with it," he said with a smile.

My grandmother's eyes widened. She practically sputtered. "You didn't buy the ORANGE one, did you?"

Yep, Grandma, he sure did...

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler