• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Your Favorite 2002 'quote?'

mo02

Everytime I take a new friend for a ride I am sure to take at least one corner all out. If it's raining, I'll hang the rear end out. 

Yesterday I had a new lady in for a spin, and it was raining so I brought her to a beautiful roundabout near my school. 

"Hang on"- I said.

"Why?... MEEP!" -She responded, excitedly, as the rear end came around. 

I proceeded to romp around like that for a few minutes. When I finally relaxed a bit and chuckled, I asked if she was okay, considering how she had not said anything the entire time. 

"I'm... good... *smiles, deep breath*... Holy Shit!"

blah blah blah, convo convo convo, then I got laid. 

It needs to rain more when cute girls are in my car. 

Lets hope it rains on the 25th when I go to the Pacific northwest Street Evolution car meet eheheh :)

76' Fjord Daily SOLD

1986 528e 5 speed Daily

"I don't have a piece of sh*t so I have to envy yours!" - Ferris Bueller

More often than not, I come across people that owned one/whose parents had one/whose boy or girlfriend had one.  We talk about Sputter for a few minutes, and, invariably, the conversation turns back to the one they knew and they wistfully say "... I always loved that car...."

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

They're both slick :D

thats way too PG for my brain... its a bit more like..

"We both make you wet"

:D

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

Nobody's mentioned "real BMWs have round tail lights"

Check out my window sticker earlier in the thread...

;)

-Dave

Edit: Saved you the trouble...

post-9281-0-44889100-1399476615_thumb.jp
Edited by dlhoovler

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Nobody's mentioned "real BMWs have round tail lights"

If I may, don't 3.0 CS and Bavarias both have square/rectangular taillights? Along with everything after the introduction of the square 2002? Edited by mattio523

-Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002

If I may, don't 3.0 CS and Bavarias both have square/rectangular taillights? Along with everything after the introduction of the square 2002?

I think you just restated the quote in more words. :P

For those who aren't as familiar with the history, that was a semi-joking taunt among the BMW enthusiast community since 1974, when the square-tail '02s were seen as heavier, more troublesome-emissions-equipment-laden, saddled with "unnecessary" safety equipment and catering to the luxury crowd rather than the "true" performance enthusiasts. The same criticism would have been leveled at the contemporary big coupes and sedans. And has been leveled at almost every new model BMW has introduced since. The more things change...

And by the way, I'm absolutely not intending to dredge up that old argument again--I fully embrace squaries. But roundies do have their benefits. :)

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

I think you just restated the quote in more words. :P

For those who aren't as familiar with the history, that was a semi-joking taunt among the BMW enthusiast community since 1974, when the square-tail '02s were seen as heavier, more troublesome-emissions-equipment-laden, saddled with "unnecessary" safety equipment and catering to the luxury crowd rather than the "true" performance enthusiasts. The same criticism would have been leveled at the contemporary big coupes and sedans. And has been leveled at almost every new model BMW has introduced since. The more things change...

And by the way, I'm absolutely not intending to dredge up that old argument again--I fully embrace squaries. But roundies do have their benefits. :)

-Dave

I've never heard it before.

-Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002