• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Trade? E36 M3 Sedan For A 2002 (Nyc)

leegf

Hello,

My car - an E36 M3 sedan - is available for outright sale, but I'm sort of intrigued by the 2002, too. I thought I'd put up this trade feeler to see what's out there, and if anyone is interested. I am located in NYC, and a description of the M3 is available here:

http://motoringconbrio.com/e36-m3/

I look forward to seeing what, if anything, is out there! Cheers.

Year: 1998

Make: BMW

Model: M3

nice car.  i have a techno violet 97 sedan.

the shift lever centering issue is one of the shift detent pistons sticking. well known issue with that trans.  the parts to fix are very inexpensive, but you have to pull the transmission completely out of the car to fix it.  "while you are in there" it is a good time to replace the clutch and refresh all the shift linkage bushings or replace with a short shifter.  i did all of that on mine.

glws!

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

To those who are contemplating the deal: this is a great daily driver's car. I bought one last year sometime (m3/4 door/5 speed) and it's been very reliable and a fun road car. It's not a race car by any means, but can overtake and accelerate quickly when needed. It can be fast too, depending on how you choose to modify it. I prefered mine in stock form. 

Odd enough, my car is set up very similar to OPs. My car is the Yin to his Yang, and on the exact opposite side of the country.

Photo of my daily driver: 

e27D81z.jpg?1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

It's not a race car by any means, but can overtake and accelerate quickly when needed. It can be fast too, depending on how you choose to modify it. I prefered mine in stock form. 

dunno...mine is basically stock too.  owned it since it was new.  it is the "lux" version.  i have been taking it to the track since it had 1k miles on it...pretty dang fast.  very few cars i can't keep up with in it.... :D

the E36 M3's are great cars.  probably the best car i have owned. does everything well.

2014-03-01_09-06-09_264.jpg

Edited by mlytle

2xM3