• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Tii- Amazing Restoration

MAPC

I have this for sale locally as well as on eBay motors. Here is the description and attached are several pics.

The car is Malaga with tan interior. Odometer reads x13,500 miles which seems to be accurate given the service and restoration history.

The car is very original and very stock with only a few minor tasteful modifications:

1. Wood (Nardi?) steering wheel (looks very nice with the tan interior)

2. Recaro seats (but upholstered in BMW material)

3. Rear seats reupholsered to match the Recaros

4. ANSA exhaust (I have the original exhaust if you ever want to swap it back)

5. Wheels (installed by the previous owner- many people love them, I would probably prefer stock wheels)

6. Bilstein shocks/coils

The car had a substantial restoration several years ago in original color. While I did not do the work, I have substantial documentation. Total spent on PARTS ONLY (all of the body work was done by the owner) for the restoration and subsequent work is over $20,000. This includes the cost of a Stage One Engine rebuild by Korman Autoworks. This car looks and drives beautifully. Very straight, no dents, no rust, NOTHING.

Everthing works other than the clock.

Dashboard in fantastic shape (two very minor typical cracks) and the console is perfect.

There are no holes/patches/etc. from speakers or audio equipment. The car does have the stock antenna but it does not have any audio equipment.

Full receipts for the restoration.

The car has had a few owners since the restoration and has been cared for as a 'driveable collector' meaning that it has been well maintained, garaged, and enjoyed.It appears that the odometer was reset at the time of the rebuild to zero. The restoration looks like it was done yesterday.

Key dates:

Restoration commences (disassembly)- 1988

Complete engine rebuild- 1990

Suspension rebuild- 1990

Paint/Body- 1990 (Glasurit Urethane paint in original color- Malaga code 021. All new seals, trim, etc where needed as part of this phase)

Carpet- 1991

TOTAL SPENT OVER 3 YEAR RESTORATION- $16,700

ORIGINAL RESTORATION WON 100 PT BMW CCA SHOW IN 1993- and the car looks the same today, other than what is listed below:

ANSA exhaust upgrade- 2007 (at xx8,000 miles)

Tires/Wheels- 2008 (at xx8,000 miles)

Recaro Seat upgrade- 2008

New window lifts and sunroof seal- 2014

This car sold on eBay Motors in 2006 for over $25,000 and has only been driven 5,000 miles since

MANY MORE PICS ON EBAY POSTING:

Year: 1974

Make: BMW

Model: 2002tii

Body and Interior: See listing details above.

Engine and Drivetrain: See listing details above.

Suspension, Brakes: See listing detail above.

classifieds-36512-0-66253400-1399849402_