• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Roundie At Vintgae....huuuge Rear Pipes

Just saW THE PIC ON mARSHALLS THREAD...

Just curious  about the exhaust setup/engine  set up.....the rear tailpipes are just humongous!!!..they look like 3 inches each?...its a dual outlet.

Is the owner around?...

Jade green paint with massive M10 engine.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   "M10" and "massive" were used in the same sentence....

it is a single 3in exhaust system all the way with muffler and humongous dual tip welded on the back. 

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

let you know as soon as I can get on the same track with him to measure.... B)

Ha, well I'm sure that an M2 would give anything a run for its money. Even my car with a 32/36 weber and slightly low compression feels pretty quick. Can't imagine what 200hp feels like in an 02. Edited by mattio523

-Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002

Some pics I took from Vintage 2011 event. Note the "Agave" color sticker.  IIRC, Chris said he told the body shop to paint it that green - they accidently painted it Jade Green.  I think it looks great!

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

Maybe Chris changed the exhaust, seats and wheels since then?

DSC_0540.jpg

From last weekend (Chris is in the chair)

IMG_9468_zps1bbeed90.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

it looks rather meticulous...

seems like he is avoiding a head to head w/ our hot shoe racer in the red square tail....hmmmmmmm

I feel safe to say if he is not a seasoned track guy(excluding A/X)...it wont be very fair.

Edited by jrkoupe

Maybe Chris changed the exhaust, seats and wheels since then?

yes he did.  he went to a 3in exhaust.  said they had 45hrs of labor in tweaking it to get a 3in pipe to fit through the stock routing above the rear subframe.  had to hard mount the majority of the system to keep it from hitting anything. they put a flex pipe at the end of the header to compensate for lack of movement in the system. 

they have done some cool stuff with the car.  i like his booster delete setup. (those are the brake system pics in my vintage 2014 pbucket album)

2xM3

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I know, just finding this thread months later...

Thanks for the kind words Marshall! After crawling over and under your car at the autocross and reading the entire blog to see the detail and time behind the changes you made, I'm even more impressed with your ride.

Two additional details about mean green:

It's a 328 Schrick, running 48's

Both the pedal box and 3" exhaust were because we heard it could be done but never actually "saw" it completed and working and I like any challenge that's brings the mig into play.. Pedal box trick had a number of posts here and exhaust was one of the instructors at Laguna Seca who's own 2002 had a similar setup.

Jrkoupe... Avoiding? Go start sh!t elsewhere.. Lol.. I feel pretty confident that Marhalls car has significantly more power after watching it accelerate at the auto cross and based on greens engine being 7 years old and, well, let's be honest, it's not even a full race m10.. Only advantage versus a well built s14 is a little less weight.

Hell, might as well add that green is running basically an untouched Ireland street/track front coil over setup, with just their springs and Sports in the rear.. Also well seasoned..

Now, experience is not a problem since both drivers are instructors at their home tracks, pittrace for Chris, but I gotta give Marshall quite extra points for being a licensed racer and for data logging...

Maybe next o'fest at NJ MP? Neutral ground if you will, that would double the usual number of 2002's on track at o'fest as well as being a good show.. Maybe the other track ready 2002's on the east coast will show as well?

Jim Williams

Blue tipped wrench for Williams Racing

1972 2002

Ireland, Alpina, Kerman, MM, Blanton, Maximillian, Red Line, BMP, Bavarian, Korman, and the list goes on...