• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Runs Lowering Springs?...i Need Some Ez Measurements Pls:

jrkoupe

Just curious..... IE stg 2 numbers preferred..but all welcomed.

Front ride ht:

the most forward horiz. area of the rocker panel(just rearward of frt wheel well) ,..

*****can you measure the horizontal surface of the rocker to the ground ???....******

Im guessing we will see numbers from around 7 -9 inches on aftermarket set ups.,,,non coilovers.

thnx

jrk

oh...if poss, post a side view pic. I realize we have a stance thread...but it doesnt really give specific info like this. Altho I must say, just from ML's response, and from Igors newly cut HR's, I feel confident in knowing 7- 7.5 " will be the optimal range for my vision on a street car.

Edited by jrkoupe

that seems a bit lower than Id expect....for just 1 coil cut off oe, on 15s.....hmmmm...any pics?

Sorry, that was a typo, supposed to be 165/80-13 (stock size) .

I went to double check the hight, and it seems my fender is bent down a bit, so the measurement should be 18cm.

Pic for reference: Not the best, but should give an idea. post-39195-14019065812189_thumb.jpg

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

I measured from the lowest edge behind the wheel well.  6.25"  IE Stage II with half a coil cut, Bilstein Sports, BBS RZ 14" with 195/60/14.

picture-1.jpg

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com