• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snowy

snowy

Introducing myself and Snowy . 1972 chaminox, blue interior, twin webber 45's. I have now cut out all ( i hope) the rust . New front screen and new seals all round. I'm now doing the interior and rebuilding the sunroof.

Introducing myself and Snowy . 1972 chaminox, blue interior, twin webber 45's. I have now cut out all ( i hope) the rust . New front screen and new seals all round. I'm now doing the interior and rebuilding the sunroof.

45s?! Damn! Any internal modifications, or stock pistons, cam, head etc?

-Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002

I'm in heathcote ( in the shire) lurching love to meet up when I get Snowy on the road, probably August . Mattio, I haven't looked at the motor much. The PO had the webbers installed I stalled on the standard motor with the usual Petronix distributor. Love the sound . There are images I have posted on here of the car in various stages of welding. Now I'm working on the interior and electrics, then a blue slip, then paint.

• 2 months later...

Well we are going pretty good thanks Tom. Headliner is in and I have fitted all new door and window rubbers and new front windscreen. How good is a new windscreen eh! I put up some images in media under Snowy or could be in the oz forum.

Next up are the brakes and then the interior, then ergo.

• 11 months later...

Hello Guys,

I'm doing some research about Pure Performance Motorsports in Melbourne. 

https://www.pureperformancemotorsport.com/index.php/bmw-m10-e12-e21-e28-e30-2-6-2-7l-98mm-stroker-kit.html

I have talked to Thomas Faska (Director) via email.  He tells me that it is safe to use a 2.6L stroker kit in an M10 block.

The block must be from a 1602 -2002 M10 not an E30 M10.  The older M10s are stout enough for the mod. 

He also claims he has Sonic Tested the early blocks.  

The clearance (slight) will have to be made at the bottom of the bore to prevent rotation problems.

He recommended a 93mm stroker kit w/ 3x ring piston design which will give you 2.6L

He gave me a contact named "Pip" at pip@kalaruauto.com.au who says he has built several racing engines using the kit.

My question is: Has anyone heard of/know anything about this product? Good or bad I'd like to know.

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors