• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Suspension Still Straight???

Dutch02

If those two radius rods appear to be angled, it may be due to worn rubber mounting bushings.  Mine were so badly worn that the bushings popped out of their frame rail mounts with little or no persuasion, and they were sitting cockeyed due to wear.  New bushings brought 'em back into their proper position again.  

If those bushings are worn on your car, chances are all the front end bushings are in need of attention, and perhaps ball joints and upper strut bearings too.  Not a terribly difficult job, just time consuming.  You can make bushing extractors/installers from plastic plumbing pipe, big washers and threaded rods/long bolts...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

thanks for all the info guys ;) now i know what the problem is. i think its the lower apron (underside of the front?) that has had a few repairs and isnt in a straight line anymore. i haven't driven the car yet because i still have to take a look at the brakes. the PO said they didnt work but im wondering why, there is no brake fluid in the reservoir so maybe thats the reason. He also said the engine wouldnt run but without fuel in the tank not many engines will run haha. put some fuel in the tank and it fired up almost right away. i will take a few pics this week and try to show it to you all