• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tire wear on the inside edge will be magnified

(which works well with front to back tire rotation, as my fronts tend to wear on the outside edge)   ;)  

I have excessive camber in the rear and am thinking of changing my single dot pads for thicker ones.  I will be swapping in a refreshed sub-frame and am contemplating adding adjusters.  Welding is fun, but I am wondering whether this is worth the $200 kit price, for a street driven car on HRs...

The eccentric style adjusters do not look that hard to make... I suppose they are hardened bolts though and I would likely ruin the temper if I welded on them.   Thoughts?  Has anybody made their own adjusters?

Same here--curious as to how stock 2002's with many miles come out on their specs. Are any still dead-on?

Likely the reason for lack comments from racers is that many have adjustable suspensions, and set them up based on what works on the track and what provides the best tire temperature profile for any given track and condition at the time. These setups have little to do with street driving. For example, my 2002 is set up with -2.9° camber in front on both sides (will be more when I install Lee's offset bump steer spacers) and about 1/16" toe-out. I used to run 1/8" toe-out for autocross as it really helps turn-in. The rear is also adjustable and currently -2.1° camber on both sides and close to zero toe (want just a hair toe-in for stability). My front caster is more than stock, but not adjustable (yet). As much as I try, I just cannot figure out how to set the rear caster B).

That is a great point about all the adjustments you guys have. I guess I was more wondering how these cars are holding up today, like you said. Also, what would really be bad. Edited by GoFaSSter

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

That is a great point about all the adjustments you guys have. I guess I was more wondering how these cars are holding up today, like you said. Also, what would really be bad.

No reason they would not hold up.......like everything else, maintenance is required. Replace all the bushings and it should align like new.

2xM3