• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vw Recaro Seats?

turbophil

I have the VW Recaros with the power bases. (as I am an acolyte of Rob.) just waiting to collect enough money to send them to Dave at Aardvarc Racing to get them covered and get the brackets. 

I wouldn't discard the base as per SRC60 said, some VW owners really really want them. My biggest frustration is that the VW forums are pretty darn confusing. I haven't spent a lot of time on it, but I haven't been able  figure out how to sell the power bases on their sites, and despite what my wife says about my intelligence level, I think I should be savvy enough to figure it out. 

We have to consider ourselves very lucky that this site is so awesome. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Vicleonardo1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

2 hours ago, 69NEWCLASSNH said:

I wasn't knocking anyone, just trying to make it clear so no one makes the same mistake that I made.  My seat bases are not removable, so i'll need to reinforce and weld new brackets, without setting the seats on fire..  Wish me luck.

Really bummed for you I would not be happy as would my kid standing by me with a fire extinguisher.... 

You have provided some very  helpful information for the rest of us.  I almost bought some VW trophy seats without power bases and I would be in the same boat as you. I assumed all the Recaro trophies would have the same bolt pattern whether they had power bases or not. 

Hope all ends well. 

69NewClassNH, I am so sorry! I didn't know!

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

So I went to the junk yard today and I saw several of the VW seat bases that you have.  Mine have the standard recaro bolt holes like this.  Center slider bar could be attached, I just used the stock slider.  Ride height is good for my 6 foot frame. 

image.jpeg

Because there seems to be enough variations here,

I will put on my Captain Obvious hat and guess the lesson learned here is that if you are buying recaro seats from a VW, check the underside for the 16" post holes yourself (power bases off-if present)  and/or have the seller send you a pic of the bottom before you buy. 

Edited by Vicleonardo1
spelling

• 4 months later...
On 4-4-2016 at 3:05 PM, 69NEWCLASSNH said:

What are the odds you could snag me some bottom rails for the seats I have?  That would really help me with my fab.

Hi 69NEWCLASSNH,

did you ever get around to solving the issues you had with these seats and mounted them into your 02?

I have a seat of these nearby so any advice would be much appreciated!