• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E21 Recaro Seat-Back Driver's Side

adrian.zywno

I'm looking for a Recaro Driver's Side Seat-Back, from the e21 we all know.

I received a reply for the pan/frame that looked promising, but somehow fell apart. In any case, this is my earlier post.

My seat is tweaked/ crooked. I disassembled it to find the seat-back frame has multiple stress cracks, bends, and rust that is irreparable for safe function.

I really only need the Steel Frame, but will consider anything someone has to offer, even an entire driver's seat.

I can deal with my worn bolsters and torn vinyl, for the sake of getting my passenger seat back to the right side of the car.

The price for pieces of these seats seem unjustified on the web, and living in Maui holds a premium for services in repair where results are inadequate due to lack of competition.

In a nut shell...I've always wanted an '02 roundie, saved and bought one almost a year ago online thru Craigslist, from a seller in Oregon to be delivered to me in Maui.

When Matson delivered, it was excitement and then dissappointment. Pretty much lies and fixed photos got me.

A definite learning experience. It was supposed to be a good starting point and is my only daily driver.

I only managed to get my car safety checked and stickered a week ago, with countless hours and money spent fixing the car. Way over-priced for its condition. My biggest concern is rust, evident even in my seat, which was masked by a thick and poor paint job the rust bled thru to exposed itself. I've spent $8500, discluding the shipping, for the car and work, with much more needed attention. Lesson learned, I'm trying to do the best I can and make it work for me.

I've been long looking for a reasonably priced option to remedy the seat.

Thanks

• 5 months later...