• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts On This 1972 2002

Eiremon

Thanks for all of the feedback.  I am leaning towards passing on the car above.  

The seller did not give me too much confidence - stating that he has never sold a car when the PPI was done at the shop I chose.  They mentioned that the temp on the car was running high at times.  Depending on who I talked to I got more information about this.  The first time it was just a one off occurrence, then I talk to someone else and it's something they are going to address with a thermostat replacement.  All in all I am not confident on it.  Knowing that I would already want to put in $3-5k to customize it, I am afraid it will need even more work after not being used much in the past 14 years.

At the same time I have had one or two people on here reach out with some really nice resto-mods in better condition that the one above.  I think my money is better spent purchasing directly from an enthusiast who can speak to all of the recent history on the car.

Edited by Eiremon

We should talk. 1976 sunroof, ac car. Ac is not in but have the parts. Sway bars, H&R springs, ansa exhuast. IE Big Brake kit, dual 40 sidedrafts, tii exhuast manifold 14" basket weaves, solid bushings throughut. Mint interior, 8-9/10 paint.

I am in New Hampshire, give me a few days and I can send pictures (I don't own a camera).

Jim