• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker Panel Trim And Fasteners????

strictlyvanagon

I will direct my questions to anyone who has ordered the parts new that I am now inquiring about. Is our rocker panel stainless steel

long trim piece still available new? There are 14 cheap plastic clips that hold trim on -easy to identify on realoem pictures. The most forward metal clip with nut is hard to identify and attaches the stainless  trim piece to the  lower front fender metal.  Our stainless rocker molding has grey plastic molding strips press fitted into the the back of the  stainless trim-part number please. Prices from Maximillion or real oem would help. Thank you in advance for info pertaining to availability new and part numbers and prices. If you respond please mention whether or not you have ordered these parts NEW and how long ago did you order these parts new.

The only question mark I see in the original post related to whether the stainless trim piece was available new.  The answer has been supplied.  Prices will change with time, obviously.  Realoem.com does not sell parts, and the prices there are not always up to date.  Contact the crew at Maximillian Importing or Blunttech.com for more information - emails, phone calls and texts accepted!

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I will ask the question again. Does anyone know what the part numbers of the parts in the above post are? If you cannot supply part numbers and hopefully Maximillion's present price please STOP reading this post. Telling me where I can call or e-mail to learn this info is like telling me the specs for the space shuttle. If you cannot answer my questions please IGNORE this post!!!!!!! I do NOT use this forum to ask many questions because useless responses always follow like the ones above.

See the moldings subsection in the Exterior trim / grille section here - http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/114-Cabrio/Europe/2002-M10/L-M/1973/browse/vehicle_trim/

Or see the parts catalog here - http://www.2002tii.org/kb/55

The part numbers often change, for no apparent reason, and the 2002 parts diagrams are poor compared to current BMW offerings. I don't know why you wouldn't call and speak with someone who deals with these parts everyday, but learning to use the online parts catalogs is a well-advised skill for the owner of an old car.

Another online parts catalog reference - http://www.penskeparts.com/fiche.aspx

John in VA

bmw_spin.gif

See the moldings subsection in the Exterior trim / grille section here - http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/114-Cabrio/Europe/2002-M10/L-M/1973/browse/vehicle_trim/

Or see the parts catalog here - http://www.2002tii.org/kb/55

The part numbers often change, for no apparent reason, and the 2002 parts diagrams are poor compared to current BMW offerings. I don't know why you wouldn't call and speak with someone who deals with these parts everyday, but learning to use the online parts catalogs is a well-advised skill for the owner of an old car.

Another online parts catalog reference - http://www.penskeparts.com/fiche.aspx

John,

You were waaaay too nice in answering the questions above!

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

FYI, BMW has changed the retaining clip design so it's the same as the clip used to hold rocker trim on an E21.  They also seem work better.  Suggest on the nut plate that fastens through the front fender and holds the leading edge of the rocker trim:  use a stainless steel nut on the factory nut plate so you stand a fighting chance of removing it a few years down the pike.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Thank you Mike. Your info was the first info I have received of value to me. I am still seeking info from anyone who has ordered rocker panel stainless steel trim, plastic fasteners, and the forward metal fastener with nut in recent history. Not looking for stories of who I could call to get info and order new parts from! Just looking for info of part numbers, price and availability. EVERY picture I have seen on the net showing the 2002 parts I am researching are useless. The pictures look as though they were drawn by 3 year old kids. I cannot tell from the pictures what is what. Therefor I seek a response from someone who has bought these parts recently and has details. Should I call Blunt-waste his time-get educated and buy nothing from him? If you get a chance contact him and inquire how he feels about people wasting his time. Should I call Maximillion and do the same? Presently I do NOT need any rocker related parts. I simply seek info that ALL the BMW pictures I have looked at tell me nothing. If you can help please do.If you cannot help please ignore this thread.

go to Rogers TII and type in #51131803359 they have them in stock for $52.87 each

You'd want a 51131803360 to go along with that.  Both are $43.33 each at shopmercedesbmwonline.com

John in VA

bmw_spin.gif