• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 1600 Drive Awaywhere

conkitchen

Fellow gear heads and enthusiastic lurkers, I have this turn-key car I want to sell.

Look at the pictures and decide for yourself, but let me tell you what I know of this little ditty.

It is a very clean and complete Bimmer which runs awesome. The motor is tight and does not smoke or leak oil. And the transmission makes no grinds up and down into gears. Inside the bay is dry and relatively clean too. It runs and stops without issue. Almost everything works. What is faulty or non op is the following. Heater valve cable froze in off position. Headlights stopped cycling into the high position. May be the stalk or the relay. I have not as of this time looked into it further. The dash turn signal indicator light stays lit. It is the flasher unit, I had installed one from a 320i and it stopped being illuminated, but the cycle time was too rapid so I put the original back. The wipers work only on one speed. The temp reading on the dash is low and may be just the T-stat. The car runs fine no overheating issues. The overhead interior light works but not with the door opening. I believe this is a wiring-up of the striker switches. Dashboard has cracks and the headliner has a couple little rips. Outside of these issues everything else works as it should. Keys all match the car, locks function, lights, turns, horn, dash gauges, hazards, battery system, water sprayers, tail, stop, and reverse lights, etc…

The title is a salvage claim and the only thing I can tell is that the nose has been replaced with a 74+ Euro piece. Which tells me it was tweaked, but the repairs are done well and all the seams and joints line up as they should. Spare tire well has been replaced.

Upgrades:

Nardi wheel

BBS mesh 13” wheels with excellent metric 175 60 13 tires

Later model interior no major wear or damage, just original

VDO gauges Oil, Clock, and Vacuum

Quick release wide race type lap belts

Alpina design “snake pit” tuned header

Ansa exhaust system ( really has a nice mellow throaty sound)

2.0 liter, later 4 speed trans, and short neck diff

Weber 32/36 with K&N filter

Tii 002 dist with electronic igniter

Bosch Blue Coil

lowered spring and KYB shock/struts

Likely little other things I can’t recall

General condition:

Has been repainted in its original Chamonix color. While there is no rust, it does show few minor dings like stuff in the trunk impacting the sheet metal and areas were filler was used. I would say this is a 15 footer. Chrome and bright-work is respectable and reflects the vintage but is not show quality. Body panels all mate up nicely and doors open and close securely. Rubber seals are ALL present and holding up given their age. Glass is free of defects and open/close properly. Generally a very tidy car but is not perfect. If you seek perfection please look elsewhere. This is a nice daily driver that you can be proud and not embarrassed to take out on a date.

Call me for me details 925- four three 7 – 8877

Year: 1969

Make: BMW

Model: 1600

Body and Interior: see description

But what do I know