• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Spain!

Tony Brown

Hi everybody, first i have to say sorry because my english ( i still not to speak english as well as i want), my name is Tony, and i write yo from Spain. Last April i bought my 72´ BMW 2002, I know it´s difficult to see you in a meet but I hope to share as well as receive information and good moments of this great community, in Spain is really difficult to find other BMW 02´s owners.

My 2002 concretly is USA spec, and i was lucky, because the seller was the first owner, he was a doctor in Miami, where bougth th car, and later he brought to Spain. The car never been restored, is in good condition, but i know 42 years are much, and i know i have much work ahead hehehe.

By the moment, i just instaled a coilovers kit from GAZ suspensions, and a BBS RM wheels from a friend, are provisionals, i want to install a BBS RS that i have, but inner lips scrape with springs, in the future i would like to install a BBS e50, but how we say in Spain " step by step" hahahah.

Now i let you some pics.

Thanks everybody, regards!

post-47821-0-97137000-1413734186_thumb.j

post-47821-0-18478300-1413734200_thumb.j

post-47821-0-01723400-1413734218_thumb.j

Beinvenidos a nuestra organizacion/fraternidad/sororidad!  Su Ingles is mejor que mi Espanol, so I'll continue in English...

Lots of expertise here, so don't hesitate to ask questions--and more than a few board members are fluent in Spanish, so if you run out of English, ask en Espanol (no tildes on my computer that I can find).

You may be able to fit those larger wheels by rolling your fenders--check archives on how to do that.  

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Beinvenidos a nuestra organizacion/fraternidad/sororidad!  Su Ingles is mejor que mi Espanol, so I'll continue in English...

Lots of expertise here, so don't hesitate to ask questions--and more than a few board members are fluent in Spanish, so if you run out of English, ask en Espanol (no tildes on my computer that I can find).

You may be able to fit those larger wheels by rolling your fenders--check archives on how to do that.  

cheers

mike

Thanks Mike! i´ll take a look, but the really problem is inside space, my inner´ lips are too large and i have to use "wheel-spacers", there  isn´t a bad solution, but i don´t like to much wheel-spacers. I guess i´ll save some money for another kind if wheel (E50 for example). In test that i could do i saw the posibility to install 16" rims ;)

Welcome Tony. There's quite many of us here from Europe too but we are pretty well spread around. 2002FAQ Europe meet would be nice thought but probably not a big success :)

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

I was by Murcia two weeks ago going to Granada from Barcelona. Any old BMW is rare in Spain from what I could see.

Really rare, also there is an important "BMW e30 club" in my área. E10 are normaly driven by "old people" that aren´t in forums or something like this, it´s too difficult to "connect" with him.

P.D Granada is a lovely place! i hope you enjoy

Edited by Tony Brown

Welcome Tony. There's quite many of us here from Europe too but we are pretty well spread around. 2002FAQ Europe meet would be nice thought but probably not a big success :)

Tommy

Now i haven´t mi E10 ready to do long travels, but in the future we could see us taking advangarde of an another important car meet! :D

Regards