• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 2002 Chamonix (Louisville, Ky)

jtmila02

Sold - 11/29

Exterior : Chamonix re-sprayed at some point in the car's past. There is plenty of overspray to be found and some surface rust/flaking/chipping. However, it actually still cleans up pretty decent has VERY little rust but do not expect anything near Concours quality. This is a "driver" quality car. According to previous owners the car spent much of its life in California. Which explains the solid/dry condition of the body. Prior to purchasing, I had the car on the lift and inspected by a local shop here in Louisville. The undercarriage and floor pans were confirmed to be rust free as are the rear shock towers. Both bumpers have been removed. However, I do have a spare "shorty" / european rear bumper that is currently not installed but will be included with the sale.

Interior: The driver's side Recaro repair work is something that should be done. Also, the rear seat is in the car but in pretty rough shape and in need of repair work. The car is wired for stereo but not currently installed. A head unit that was pulled and provided by the previous owner will be included if you'd like. The carpeting is loose and could use a fresh Esty kit. Dash is cracked.

Mechanical: Daily driven and has never left me stranded in two years of ownership. True mileage is unknown / undocumented but currently displays 98,xxx on the odometer. The entire breaking system was gone through and repaired / replaced as soon as I purchased the car. The break failure light is still illuminated and is believed to be the result of faulty relay. The gauges all work but do flutter.

Added equipment / Spares:

BBS Mahle Wheels with new tires X 4 - currently on the car
BMW Turbines with old tires x 5 - included with the sale
Stainless Steel break lines -- installed
Bilstein Shocks -- installed
New plugs and wires -- installed
E21 Recaros -- Driver's side vinyl/padding needs to be repaired / Passenger is in good shape
New Weber 38/38 DGMS -- installed
Weber 32/36 spare - included with sale
Ireland Engineering Tii Mechanical Advance Distributor with Electronic Igniter
Poly Bushing Kit -- uninstalled but included with the sale
Spare (used steering box) -- could be used for a core return/refresh included with the car
Various interior and exterior spare trim pieces also included with sale.

00k0k_fzGLHS1uEu2_600x450.jpg

Year: 1976
Make: BMW
Model: 2002

Edited by jtmila02