• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, if you had to re-wire your whole car, how would you go a

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'll probably start with a Painless fuseblock, or maybe a fuse/relay block from an E30. I'm setting my car up quite differently from stock, very bare-bones. I'll build or buy a box to hold the fuse block, and all of my cables will be quick-connect terminated, so that I can remove any component or assembly with a minimum of fuss. I'll probably put the fuseblock and relays under the back seat, near the battery, and run self-built harnesses forward and back to power the lights, ignition, wipers, etc.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

There is an older (out of print?) book called "Automotive Electrical Systems". It is a blue vinyl paperback English translation from German based on a German Bosch book. German Bosch theory and practice, which fits well w/BMW. ALSO: BOSCH AUTOMOTIVE HANDBOOK, English language edition. A great book for all BMW owners. Good explanations about how electrical things work, with German examples.Somewhere in all this are listings of the standard German DIN wire colors and connector numbers. I would stick close to the German practice, esp. as your switches may have numbers (87, 30, etc) that code to German wiring colors. I don't think GM, etc. do this in any standard manner. J. England BMWCCA #892 Indy