• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Webers Benefits

PetrolJunky

You will suffer somewhat in fuel economy, but it is absolutely worth it.  Are you a participant, or spectator in life? Do you like food, do you know how to cook? Your level of involvement with the universe will directly add to the quality of your existence. Forgive me, but really your question points to a basic philosophy of life. Do you want to own an object, or experience a deeper meaning in life. Is it about owning something, or the experience of driving it and working on it. Some people want their car to be an appliance that they drive, and other people want it to be an intoxicating, deeply involving experience. A hot rodded BMW 2002 can be both-dependable and unbelievably exhilarating.  Fight apathy with commitment --go ahead live large.  Don't forget the hot cam, high compression pistons, and a good header.   Cheers, and wishing you all the best. Don't forget, there is no such thing as too much fun.      Peter

lol

nails

Edited by ndog

Yes, I know that parking lot quite well. (11,12,13 attendee)

I witnessed the 3 hour '02 head gasket change in that parking lot (guy was parked next to me) in '12...

I led the pre-meet rally in my friend's Supercharged S50 e28 in '13... There were lots of '02s behind me...

I would have attended this year, except I was on a business trip to Afghanistan. ;)

Already planning to attend in 15. (Finally in an '02!!)

P.s. About 2400 miles one way (with a stop at The Dragon), piece of cake!

Seeya'll!!!

Edited by ldsbeaker

I have a e60 with 523hp and straight exhast... yeah I like it all loud and fast

I just dont want to be messing with it all the time if it is a pain to deal with.

Loud, fast and nimble.. perfect

Dcoe's are not plug and play mods like you can do on new cars. They require work to install, and a lot more work and time to setup properly. They do require periodic tuning. They do require you to actually read about and understand how they work internally to be able to get the most out of them and troubleshoot issues. The faq is littered with the threads of those who did not do their homework.

that said, if you are a fiddler like me....it is the ONLY way I would run an M10!

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

I have 40 & 45's for sale (also 32/36, 38's and 1 bbl as well)

Peter, can I use your post in my advertising ????

Have reached out to Ray Korman, now it may not be necessary......

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car

Gents, especially Ray, Zinz, Mlytle and Idsbeaker, thank you for your kindness. Life is a shared experience, and communicating with kindred spirits reaffirms the importance of relationships, and a celebration of living life fully in the moment. I look forward to the vintage BMW celebration in Winston Salem North Carolina this upcoming year. My uncle Barry has threatened to bring his 507, if he puts the engine and gearbox back into it, and the BMW turbo I have been resurrecting should be ready to go by that time. The vintage celebration has been a great joy to me, as there are always so many super cool people there --- it is a great pleasure to hang out, drink beer, and meet so many wonderful people . Hope to see you guys there this year and Thank you for understanding my obsession with side draft Weber carburetors, and early BMWs. Cheers, here's to your health, sincerely, Peter.

P.S. here are a few vintage Black and White BMW pictures for those who don't appreciate the full importance of side draft webers and driving a BMW on two wheels.

P.P.S IDSBEAKER- you will win the "Iron Butt" award if you drive that far!

post-39399-0-78190900-1416716559_thumb.j

post-39399-0-68511600-1416716682_thumb.j

post-39399-0-37962100-1416716870_thumb.j

post-39399-0-58880200-1416717022_thumb.j

post-39399-0-28043300-1416717876_thumb.j

post-39399-0-87903700-1416718001_thumb.j

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum