• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driving light mount bumper bracket feeler

Meintii

Hi guys.

I'm considering making several of my driving light brackets that bolt right on to the frame in place of the front bumper brackets. They are extremely sturdy. Made of 1/4 inch thick steel and can mount any style of driving or fog lights. If I get enough interest, I will produce these and have them powder coated, and the welded sections will be tig welded . Please see the pictures for the final product. If I can get 15 people to commit then I'll make them. My goal will be to sell them for $50/pair (with an option for new mounting hardware and the rubber piece that goes on the slots in nose.

CameraPics161.jpg

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

I'm interested, but I want to be able to keep my bumper.  

I have Pierre's mounts but, they vibrate so much I can't drive with those lights on because it's so distracting.  I'd like to have my driving lights spaced further outwards, then use Pierre's mounts for fog lights.  (perhaps someone can suggest some kind stabilizer I can attach to the back of my driving lights to stabilize them?)

post-42878-0-27431400-1420468286_thumb.j

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

I'm interested, but I want to be able to keep my bumper.  

I have Pierre's mounts but, they vibrate so much I can't drive with those lights on because it's so distracting.  I'd like to have my driving lights spaced further outwards, then use Pierre's mounts for fog lights.  (perhaps someone can suggest some kind stabilizer I can attach to the back of my driving lights to stabilize them?)

attachicon.giffull size Ti lights.jpg

Ed Z

Sorry for the thread hijack, but there are auxiliary light stabilizers out there. Oddly, I rarely see them in the U.S., but if you go on European or the U.K. eBay sites, you'll find them. The Brits often call them "steadies":

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rally-Spotlight-Steadies-Quick-release-hella-cibie-light-force-rally-cars-L-K-/221636596693?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item339a9213d5

Good luck,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Zac,

I sure didn't mean to hijack your thread. Like I say, I'd be interested in a bracket that allows me to keep my bumper.

As for others asking... I have no idea which version of Pierre's light mounts I have.  I imagine they are the earlier, less-beefy models, because they are not very steady. Most everyone raves about his mounts, so I've always wondered why mine are so unsteady.  I'll see what I can do to reinforce them.

BTW, Zac... what part of the Lone Star State are you located?

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

• 1 month later...