• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running the Ansa exhaust on a late model with chrome bumpers?

infinkc

I did some searching and could only find some old posts where Ansa made 2 different rear mufflers, one for the short bumper and one for the long 74+ bumpers.

Now it seems they only make one model.

Curious if anyone recently has put this exhaust on their 02.  price seems pretty cheap for the header back system,  JC whitney on ebay has it for  $377 shipped for both pieces.

Pics?

I am putting a rear euro bumper bumper on, so i dont know how far the current model will stick out.

Model BW0227

center pipe BMW0225

BW0227.gif

Edited by infinkc

Over the past 35 yrs Ive owned several ansas....they aRE QUITE AFFORDABLE.....but they can rust quickly..and get quite loud.....and they do sound cool

you could buy an oe center pipe and do a custom rear muffler like magnaflow, etc etc for just as cheaply..and itll be stainless rear set up....

ansas rep is only fair for quality....but they have been around long time

does anyone have any experience running an ANSA with a straight pipe? I would love to hear what that sounds like.

If youre talking the ansa sport its going to be loud with no resonator

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i had one of these exhuast systems on my 76 02 with chrome bumpers. it fit and looked good, did not stick out too far with the chrom bumbers. it is kind of loud, i would get a resonating noise in the cab at a certain RPM, don't remember what rpm though. if you take out the center resonator i can garantee it will be realy loud inside the car.

"Technology has ruined the driving experience"

I replaced entire exhaust system with ANSA OE replacement back in 2012 and overlall very happy with it and its not loud.

BW0247 - Exhaust Muffler exits @ center (1975-1976)

BW0207 - Exhaust Muffler exits @ R.H. Rear ( 1969-1974)

post-43112-0-73647000-1421102656_thumb.p

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

I did some searching and could only find some old posts where Ansa made 2 different rear mufflers, one for the short bumper and one for the long 74+ bumpers.

Now it seems they only make one model.

Curious if anyone recently has put this exhaust on their 02.  price seems pretty cheap for the header back system,  JC whitney on ebay has it for  $377 shipped for both pieces.

Pics?

I am putting a rear euro bumper bumper on, so i dont know how far the current model will stick out.

Model BW0227

center pipe BMW0225

The model differences are not about the bumpers. It is about the fact that the muffler mounting points on the roundie and square tails are very different. They are not bolt on interchangeable.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

post-39486-0-62021200-1421108893_thumb.j

Stahl Header

Ansa center resonator

Ansa Sport

I have a set of flight deck over the ear sound deadeners for extended driving. I was running an Ansa oval OEM style can for over a decade. The Sport can is different. I'm used to the drone, my family knows a few blocks away when I'm close to home.

For some reason, the ANSA mufflers had/have a spotty reliability record.  Some will go on for years without burning out the inserts, others will turn noisy in less than a year.  I've found that if you keep them clean and painted, they will last much longer. The chrome on the tips does not last if you don't apply some polish or wax every now and then.   Depending on the compression of your exhaust system components (position front-to-back), your rear bumper may have heavy deposits from the center exit of the ANSA (also SuperSprint).

Stock tii manifold + stock downpipe + Ansa center resonator (aka the pinger) + Ansa muffler + 4 speed tranny + long trip in Summer = Partial deafness in left ear from exhaust and wind buffeting.  I removed the Ansa and passed it on to several others here  -stock tii muffler from BLUNT installed.  With the 5 speed I can finally hear the stereo with the windows down.

Guess I missed the Ansa so I got it back (same one) which will be used on the 69 (stock tii manifold, stock downpipe, BMW resonator).  I also have a NOS Stahl header which may get used.  

The ANSA I used to have reminded me of the stock exhaust sound on the Mercedes "Pagoda" SL cars (230, 280, etc).  Wish I had one of those...hmm.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

For some reason, the ANSA mufflers had/have a spotty reliability record.  Some will go on for years without burning out the inserts, others will turn noisy in less than a year.  I've found that if you keep them clean and painted, they will last much longer. The chrome on the tips does not last if you don't apply some polish or wax every now and then.   Depending on the compression of your exhaust system components (position front-to-back), your rear bumper may have heavy deposits from the center exit of the ANSA (also SuperSprint).

Stock tii manifold + stock downpipe + Ansa center resonator (aka the pinger) + Ansa muffler + 4 speed tranny + long trip in Summer = Partial deafness in left ear from exhaust and wind buffeting.  I removed the Ansa and passed it on to several others here  -stock tii muffler from BLUNT installed.  With the 5 speed I can finally hear the stereo with the windows down.

Guess I missed the Ansa so I got it back (same one) which will be used on the 69 (stock tii manifold, stock downpipe, BMW resonator).  I also have a NOS Stahl header which may get used.  

The ANSA I used to have reminded me of the stock exhaust sound on the Mercedes "Pagoda" SL cars (230, 280, etc).  Wish I had one of those...hmm.

'I think its how you drive your car. I also think OE are better made, heavier and will last longer under any condition but unless you get your car good and warm and burn off condensation in your exhaust its going to rust (especially the ansa) Not many of us drive these cars in salt. So thats not such a worry

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Vintage Ansa seems to last longer. I have one on my 74tii still going with no sign of rust or anything, and had one on my 318is which  exploded (came apart from welding seams) a while ago. I drive both like a gangster. 

p.s.  I have a UK made scorpion on my 73 deuce and it is really nice, bought from bavarian auto a few years back and could not be happier, watch their sales, quality build. 

Edited by bluedevils