• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running the Ansa exhaust on a late model with chrome bumpers?

infinkc

I've had mixed results with the Ansa Sport exhaust system. It really depends on the tune of your engine and rear end gear ratio.

In most cases you will loose power when you need it most such as at the low end and mid range. My 1600cc likes the Ansa sport resonator combined with the stock muffler, but my stock 2.0 with a 4.11 diff looses a lot of torque with just the addition of the Ansa sport resonator, not to mention the muffler. I would stay away from the Ansa Sport exhaust system. What you are proposing with ditching the resonator altogether is very counterproductive since you will most likely loose a lot of power and create a headache for yourself and other motorists. Have you ever tried running your car without an exhaust ? It's barely drivable and has no power to speak of. 

Slavs

I had an Ansa rear muffler with a straight center pipe (no center muffler) on my '69 many years ago--it was great fun around town--nice sporty growl when you got on it.  But...it only took a two hour trip on the interstate (4 speed, no O/D 5 speed) to convince me to go back to stock--or drive the '73 on long trips.  I did the latter until the Ansa rusted out some years later.  But considering I bought it out of a junkyard for $10, I guess I got a good deal.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Put the whole ANSA system on about 25+ years ago.  Still sounds great!

post-40184-0-95234700-1421161604_thumb.j

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)