• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600-2 clicking under shifter linkage

prezucha

Paul  What you have are OE BMW guibos. Im not sure what others are talking about but the Guibos I sent you are specific to the 1600 and Im not even aware of an aftermarket supplier for these. Flex disc and guibo are one in the same

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

You can call them a guibo or flex disk - The point that should be made, is that they are made completely different.  The later doughnut type is made with metal inserts which the bolts pass through.  The early (and what BMW still uses today) are a fiber reinforced design, which are less likely to fall apart.  Ater years of vintage bmw ownwership, it's been my experience that the doughnut type "guibos" crack apart and fail pretty quickly.

post-47141-0-35803200-1422378846.jpg

post-47141-0-06898300-1422378856.jpg

Steve,

Yes, I know we ordered OEM guibos as this car required these compared to later models.  I will disassemble shifter this weekend and see what is in there!  If I need to order the parts 6-9 in the above drawing I will!

Thanks all!

Paul