• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Core Advise

cbesing

if you cannot find a donor in good shape I would definitely take it to a radiator shop and inquire whether it can be boiled out and repaired, since these are fairly stout units. You can test them by attaching a radiator hose to one end and plugging it off, and on the other side, with a hose, pump some air in while holding it under water. A little hole creates a lot of mess, steam, anti freeze smell and gunk on windows.

I've had heater cores repaired (re-soldered) and "rodded out (reamed out)" at a local radiator shop before.  They can do it as long as the coils within the core itself aren't leaking.  Otherwise the local shop here in Watsonville CA quoted me a price for re-coring (replacing the core of the heater core) that was way more than buying a new one.  If yours is trashed, the best bet is to look for a good used one or new if you can afford it.  Good luck,

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️