• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for sale .... '74tii - $15,000 (san jose, CA)

OriginalOwner

"runs but needs a tune up"  define "tune up"

I would rather buy a dirty engine bay than over-spray any day.  That appears to be original paint.

It looks like the front part of the air cleaner is missing, as well as the rubber seals at the fender/firewall, but otherwise complete... judging from the few photos provided it seems unmolested.  Stock radio?  It is even still wearing the strut spacers.

I don't see how the seller can resist spending some time under the hood with some simple green and a few brushes.  I'll bet that would shine up just fine.

Mint, good eye, that front air cleaner piece is missing.

What really catches my eye is how clean the interior looks, at least what is shown.  I don't think mine looks that good.  I don't see any dash cracks.

From the front, the body looks straight and the paint very good .....

Cheers,

Carl

I agree on the interior condition being NICE and likely original, (aside from the recovered driver's seat).

I will post the photos here, for the sake of discussion, as this one will likely say "Posting deleted by author" soon... as in SOLD.  :)

This may just be one of those 'all original', intact specimens that people have been longing to see.

A Survivor-Driver.. at least 'cosmetically'. 

00q0q_jwla1Nl8TJN_600x450.jpg

00W0W_3S0yxyH5C3s_600x450.jpg

00n0n_dCubsyvxctW_600x450.jpg

All U.S. '02s came with a single outside rearview mirror. A passenger-side mirror was a dealer option throughout their run. But dual outside mirrors were becoming increasingly popular into the mid-'70s and thus adding the passenger-side mirror became fairly routine.

If you look at the window stickers (mine for VIN 2742541 is below), you'll generally see "Outside Rear View Mirror" -- which I would emphasize is singular case. I'm confident you will not find a U.S. car with "Outside Rear View Mirrors" on its window sticker. My separate purchase invoice -- second photo below -- shows $20 for a "Right Side Mirror." $20 was a lot in '76 for a mirror. But when I bought VIN 2742541 (manufactured April 23, 1976) new, there was no question in my mind whether I was adding a passenger-side mirror. Of course: it's required for balance! Maybe the increased scale of the flag mirrors made the dual-mirror approach more compelling for flag mirrors than it had been for trap mirrors.

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-57701100-1423793633_thumb.j

post-41123-0-75174300-1423887391_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Looks like my "thrasher" '74 tii used to look ... before she got .. thrashed.  :mellow:  I bet mine runs better though.  Tan interior on a fjord?  was that original?  Mine has navy blue.  I wonder if I could get 15K? :)

Mine has two "flag" style mirrors.

That car looks really original.  Things I notice:

original can relays.

original black coil, that's the same as a red coil.  I've got my original one too.

no snorkel. 

possible cool radio.  Hopefully no speakers in the door panels.

Possible original Trico wiper arms and blade holders (they came blacked out from the factory on the '74tii)

The steering wheel is original.  The pad is different than the '75 and later 2002s.

Original 5"x13" steelies?

All of the specific to the '74tii vacuum/smog stuff. except the "airbox fronts" :D

dash doesn't look majorly cracked

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Y'all will love my original Tii I'm pickin up Saturday if ya like this one. This has better paint though :P

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

What year roadhog?

73. Dragging it home Saturday

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Gordon,

this car, like others in the recent past, is offered to this section for Forum members to "discuss" the relative merits and demerits of particular 2002's for sale, to test the keenness of eye for small detail, and provide historical thoughts & insight(s) not otherwise provoked in other threads ..... and perhaps even send shivers through sellers and warmth through buyers.

Cheers,

Carl