• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for sale .... '74tii - $15,000 (san jose, CA)

OriginalOwner

This would be a true bargain if it were a solid color rather than metallic.

Those two-stage paints in the early 70s were plagued with problems - dullness, checking and peeling.  As you can see from the window sticker above, metallic paint was an extra-cost item.

Fortunately BMW paid all or part of a respray on these cars.  The E9 and E3 owners complained long-er and hard-er than the 02 owners but still...

Because of the articles and warnings in BMWCCA Roundel, I purchased a Amazonasgrun '74 2002 (#4225509).  it was the last 1974 2002 delivered to my local dealer.  I took possession in early 1975.  It had a single, trapezoid mirror fitted to the driver's door.

This tii may be a good deal if you want a patina'd "driver" or "rolling project."

Look carefully for rust on cars with metallic paint jobs.  I had a Polaris '74tii - from SoCal - that was very bady rusted. 

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

This would be a true bargain if it were a solid color rather than metallic.

Those two-stage paints in the early 70s were plagued with problems - dullness, checking and peeling. As you can see from the window sticker above, metallic paint was an extra-cost item.

Fortunately BMW paid all or part of a respray on these cars. The E9 and E3 owners complained long-er and hard-er than the 02 owners but still...

Because of the articles and warnings in BMWCCA Roundel, I purchased a Amazonasgrun '74 2002 (#4225509). it was the last 1974 2002 delivered to my local dealer. I took possession in early 1975. It had a single, trapezoid mirror fitted to the driver's door.

This tii may be a good deal if you want a patina'd "driver" or "rolling project."

Look carefully for rust on cars with metallic paint jobs. I had a Polaris '74tii - from SoCal - that was very bady rusted.

+1

I recounted my sad metallic paint tale in Post #11 of the following:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/162532-have-an-original-window-sticker-to-share-heres-my-72-baikal-tii/

and the ensuing 30 years of anger -- solely on my part!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)