• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these the correct door panel clips?

LarryS

Okay, I did have some of those rubber inserts, as well as VW and BMW clips.  The green clips are the ones I received from Blunt.  

002.jpg

I pulled my door card part way off and inserted rubber inserts behind a green clip and one of the larger white ones.  (insert goes in the hole first, not on the clip)  They both worked just fine.  In fact, it was a very nice feeling pushing them in.  Not a hard click, like it is without them.  They seem tomake it easier to pull the panel off as well.  

The tool in the photo sure is handy, to keep from damaging the door card, but you might want to put some tape on the back if you have nice paint.  

004.jpg

BMW's plastic insert for our cars was clear-ish, and you often found the "cone" portion torn where it meets the ring end.  That VeeWee boot look the part!

E46 trim clips have a thin black washer/"seal" on them, hoping to keep water off the back of the door panel.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif