• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery choice and upgrade altenator help

Koblenz

Marshall,

I've got a  two questions regarding your AGM batteries:

How long have you had your Deka/"big crank" lasted? Without trouble?

More importantly, do AGM batteries go stale on the shelf the way an acid battery would? Found cheap online source so I won't know manufacturing date, think I'll take the chance on it. Especially if AGM batteries are less prone to expiring on the shelf.

Thanks

Peter

Battery mart is good online source.

Have had my big crank for two years and my braille for four years. No issues with either one. I keep them one trickle chargers made for agm batteries when not in use.

I recommend using an agm under the rear seat. Dont put wet cell in trunk.

2xM3

Battery mart is good online source.

Have had my big crank for two years and my braille for four years. No issues with either one. I keep them one trickle chargers made for agm batteries when not in use.

I recommend using an agm under the rear seat. Dont put wet cell in trunk.

I was contemplating giving Battery Sharks a try. http://www.batterysharks.com/Deka-ETX16-p/etx16_m12-14-230-a.htm

They have some pretty mixed (awful) reviews as a company so I am assuming the worst, but at $45 its hard to say no.

I am definitely going AGM to make room for an M42, whether in trunk, under seat, or in engine bay is TBD.

I have an AC Delco battery. Type 47.

024.jpg

Doesn't it look better, without that crooked sticker?

025.jpg

Here is a shot while standing back. Plain old black battery blends nicely, imho. I also went back to the original black coil, because the new one looked too... new. Now for that silly little Weber filter...

034.jpg

Yep

I did get AC Delco Group 90 PS

600 CCA / 100 RC

with 30months warranty only.

68 02 manila VIN# 1662166

76 02 parting out