• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro Side lights

Mike Davis

Guest edgarcia737

I've seen them on the ebay.de site but you'll need google translate or be able to read German. Search BMW e10 2002 blinker

Truth be told, while the Euro turn signals look much sleeker than the bulgy ones fitted to US cars from 1970-on, the bulgy ones are MUCH more visible--especially from the front and in daylight--than the Euro ones.  My '69 has the original Euro style, while my '73 has the US style, and the 73's show much more light when in operation.  

Our lights are dim enough as it is, I think the Euro turn signals make 'em dimmer--at least at the front.

IMHO

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I'm a little confused - are we taling about side-marker lights or turn signals?

The OP said "side lights" so I thought he was asking about what we call side marker lights - not turn signals.

If he is refering to turn signals I agree with Mike. Much better visability of the signal with US versions.

Bob Napier

Agree with Mike. Stand 50yds directly in front of your car with a Euro blinker on. Try seeing the blinker! Then try it at night with headlights on.

Probably why, in Europe back in the day, the Sport Paket included US style blinkers.

FYI, these "sport paket" US style blinkers were still available a year or so ago, and, were cheaper to buy (new) than the regular US style.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

The Notch I sold had the slots for these.

Wish I still had that car...

t

post-32364-0-31664000-1425867541_thumb.j

Edited by TobyB

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I was thinking I'd upgrade my car to euro turn signals at some point. But honestly, I am leaning more towards the function over form argument. These cars are hard to see, and our lights are rather dim by modern standards. Pretty sure I am just going to stick with the US lights. I WILL upgrade my headlights at some point though.