• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil Pump options

Hans

Actually, you don't need to use the long 2002 style pickup on the later style pump. Simply remove the metal cover on the pickup of the newer style pump and it will fit in the 2002 oil pan. Interferes if you don't cut it off. Then you can also remove the spacer and longer bolts on the center main bearing cap that is used to support the long 2002 style pickup.  

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

Simply remove the metal cover on the pickup of the newer style pump and it will fit in the 2002 oil pan. Interferes if you don't cut it of

You talkin about the pump suction strainer?  If you are, don't do it.  If something drops into the pan, the pump will pick it up (you'd be supprised what floats along in oil) and the pump seizes, there goes the engine!

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I think the rockauto part's stocked in Europe somewhere, so they just ding you full rack rate to ship it over onesey- twosey.  

They are not the top- rated shipper on my list.  But they are still often quite useful...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL