• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Baikal tii: Seat color mismatch 9see pix)

COOP

The last pic on the right matched my 69 tobacco seats. When reading threads I don't always go back to the title, it helps to have your year/model in your signature, just a thought.

How do you read a thread without clicking, and thus seeing, the title (or at least clicking a page number right next to the title)? I'd actually like to know how to do that (I'm being serious).

If my response appeared a touch snarky, sorry...but it was in response to your "as discussed many times here" comment which I (perhaps wrongly) read as a bit wise-assy in itself.

I'm glad that I posted about my upholstery issues instead of just relying on the search function, because I obtained some really great information beyond the whole "Tobacco vs Saddle" thing which I was previously unaware of, particularly Steve's insight into the subtle pattern differences.

COOP

Edited by COOP

yall know its restores like this..and loving owners like COOP, that changes the climate of owning/buying these cars...I think its great.....!!!!!the car's deserve it...finally......but there are downsides.....I wont spell them out..lol

Edited by jrkoupe

.…….……..…….   [  ]/                        \[  ](O)===[iI]===(O)

[#] --------- [#]

I got it: this breaks the tension!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

COOP,

When you get down through seven or eights posts you can't see the title without scrolling back up. Many of us have our car in the signature line, I think it helps. My reply wasn't intended to be snarky either, this subject comes up every few months it seems. Sorry if you were offended. I'm too old to get upset about someone's reply.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

COOP,

When you get down through seven or eights posts you can't see the title without scrolling back up. Many of us have our car in the signature line, I think it helps. My reply wasn't intended to be snarky either, this subject comes up every few months it seems. Sorry if you were offended. I'm too old to get upset about someone's reply.

Uh oh, COOP,

HBChris is mighty nice and reasonable here: looks like you'll have to join Marshall and my "Ol' Grumps Club"!

Just practice saying the following: "And STAY outta my yard, punks!"

Regards,

Steve

COOP,

No harm...sorry for the hubbub and thank you...

COOP

COOP,

No problemo, too many other things to worry about for sure. I was out in my NK this morning, awesome weather here in Socal, it feels like June.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

post-9207-0-64509700-1427553469_thumb.jppost-9207-0-27587400-1427553483_thumb.jp

Errant seat has been returned to the trim shop for installation of proper vinyl.

Edited by Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Beautiful!

Can we fix that backrest's left bolster while we're at it?

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve, I had noticed that as well...What is the fix?  We bought a new OEM base pad but my understanding is that pads for the upper seat are NLA.  I'd definitely like to get any other needs with the seat handled while it is at the shop...

COOP

Thanks Steve, I had noticed that as well...What is the fix?  We bought a new OEM base pad but my understanding is that pads for the upper seat are NLA.  I'd definitely like to get any other needs with the seat handled while it is at the shop...

COOP

Well....that's an interesting point. And I don't have a definitive answer. I have a set of the horsehair pads, acquired from Blunt last July. The first photo below shows the tag on one of the backrest pads, which are sitting in my basement awaiting installation in my seats (second photo). The RealOEM listing is here:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2583&mospid=47141&btnr=52_3395&hg=52&fg=10

But...because you mentioned the NLA status, I looked at the pad numbers for the pads that just went on my spare seats for the '76 (third photo), and they're the same. Uh-oh!

The '75-'76 have much more prominent side bolsters than the pre-'75 seats, but it appears that BMW is offering the same horsehair pads for all years' seats. There's gonna be trouble!

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-45900100-1427566062_thumb.j

post-41123-0-40184600-1427566099_thumb.j

post-41123-0-23081000-1427566162_thumb.j