• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wrecked tii

Parkertii

Save your receipts! I sent the insurance a 31 page pdf complete with 10k in receipts, a two page cover letter and charts from hagerty and NADA. They called me back this morning and have estimated that the cars worth is 10k. However, they also quoted the repair costs quite a bit under what the body shop has estimated. 

1972 2002tii- Cannibalized

1985 318i- Retired

1974 2002tii- daily driver (summer)

1999 323 e46- daily driver (winter)

It sounds like you've got enough advice on dealing with the insurance company. Ask yourself if you can live with the car after its been fixed and resprayed. take your time in getting the parts you will need for the repair along with the correct paint. I went through the arduous task of getting panels from my local BMW dealer for my 02. The tail panel that they ordered was acceptable. Getting a good quarter panel however was not so easy. I rejected two; they explained that the panels are still being made in Germany but the dies are old and the quality has diminished since the 70s. My advice is to 1st find someone/shop you have no doubt can do the job/has done 02s in the past. Then have them ok the panels at the dealer if possible before they bring them to their shop.